Is there any better food than a cast iron steak? Hard to say, i tend to thing there is not.
In this post, we will go over a quick step-by-step recipe that will help you to cook any type of steak in just a few minutes.
Let’s get into it!
How to cook a steak in a cast iron pan?
What we will need:
- Salt and pepper
- Thyme or Rosemary or both
- Unsalted butter
Also, forever remember this fat = flavor. So if you will be choosing lean meats or cutting out all the pieces of fat on your steak, you will just have a bland piece of something.
- Take the steak out of the fridge, unpack it. If you wish you can wipe it with a wet hand, but make sure to dry it up with a cloth. When the surface of the steak is dry, it makes for a much better crust.
- Let the meat get to room temperature. This will allow us to cook quickly on each side on high heat, without burning the steak but still cooking through enough.
- Put the pan on the stove, and switch to medium or high heat – depending on the intensity of the stove.
- While the pan is heating up, salt and pepper your steak. The amount depends on how thick the steak it.
- Into the pan goes a bit of olive oil and a bit of butter. Mix them up and let them heat up a bit.
- Put the steak in. DO NOT MOVE IT AFTER YOU PUT IT DOWN. We want that crust.
- After 2-4 minutes (depending how much you want your steak cooked) swith the sides.
- After 1-2 minutes add a butter, crushed garlic, rosemary and thyme. Make sure that this all combines at a corner of the pan, so the butter is infused with these flavours and also mixes with juices from the steak.
- Base the steak in this mixture. Slightly tilt the pan so your infused butter gathers on one side, and with a big spoon start putting the butter on and around the steak.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes. If your steak is extra thic, make sure to also put them on its side to they are also fryed a bit.
- Put the steak on a plate, lightly cover with foil and LET IT REST for 5 minutes. In the meantime you can do your salad or something.
Quick, easy and obviously a fantastic tasting recipe!