Healthy Banana Oatmeal Muffins, No Sugar
Healthy banana oatmeal muffins – sounds too good to be true, right? Well, it is actually quite easy to make this healthy and sweet snack. In one bowl, mix honey, oats flour, baking soda, baking powder, a pinch of salt, cinnamon, whole egg, and mashed bananas. Stir everything.
Combine the mixture and mix everything well until you form a muffin batter. Pour muffin batter into the 12-cup muffin tin and bake at 400 degrees F for 18-20 minutes. For more details on this recipe and the exact ingredient measurements, keep reading this article!
Healthy Banana Oatmeal Muffins
If you want this recipe to be even healthier, you can use honey instead of regular sugar or brown sugar. Also, you can use oatmeal flour rather than wheat flour.
Wondering how to make oatmeal flour? Easy. Pour oatmeal into blender and blender until it has flour consistency.
Here is a fancy recipe for a healthy banana oatmeal muffin (you can skip the chocolate chip to make it more healthy!
Healthy Banana Oatmeal Muffins Recipe
If you are looking for a healthy muffin recipe, look no further! This recipe is really simple, and you will be able to make healthy muffins in no time! To make banana oatmeal muffins, you will need to mix dry ingredients separately from the “wet” ingredients.
- In one bowl, combine 1 1/2 cups flour, 1/2 cups honey, 1 cup rolled oats, 1 teaspoon baking soda, 2 teaspoons baking powder, and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- In another bowl, gently beat 1 egg and add 3/4 cup milk, 1 and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract. Stir everything together and add 1 cup mashed bananas.
- Combine dry and wet ingredients and mix them until you get muffin batter.
- Line the muffin tin with paper bake cups.
- Pour muffin batter into the muffin tin.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and bake muffins for 18-20 minutes.
- Remove the muffin tin from the oven and wait for several minutes before extracting muffins from the muffin tin.
You can also use a silicone muffin mold instead of the muffin tin. Silicone muffin molds are easier to wash, they don’t heat as tin muffin molds do, and you don’t need to line them with paper bake cups (although you can).
If you are into oatmeal, and would like to try another healthy snack try the baked oatmeal recipe that I wrote for you!
Healthy Banana Oatmeal Muffins Gluten Free
Making a gluten-free version of banana oat muffins is similar. You just need to replace wheat flour with gluten-free oat flour. The preparation is identical: you mix dry and wet ingredients separately, then mix them and make the muffin batter, and then bake muffins in the oven for 18-20 minutes at 400 degrees F.
Healthy Banana Oatmeal Muffins No Flour
If you want to make healthy banana oat muffins without any flour, follow these steps:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a blender, add 2 ripe bananas, 1 egg, 3/4 cup rolled oats, 2 tablespoons of honey, 1/2 cup peanut butter, 1/4 teaspoon baking soda, and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Blend until you get smooth muffin batter.
- Pour muffin batter evenly into 10 muffin cups.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Allow the muffins to cool before serving.
Healthy Banana Oatmeal Muffins No Sugar
You can make healthy banana muffins without sugar too. For a sugar-free variant, simply replace sugar with cinnamon. You can also add honey. Although honey is technically full of sugar, it is much healthier than regular or brown sugar. You can also experiment with maple syrup or stevia.
Another healthy option to replace sugar but still enjoy the sweet taste is to add dried fruit to the mix. You can try chopping or blending 1/2 cup dry figs in a blender or food processor.
Healthy Banana Oatmeal Muffins With Chocolate Chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line your muffin tin with paper bake cups.
- In one bowl, combine the dry ingredients just like in the previous recipes.
- In another bowl, combine the wet ingredients.
- Now combine dry and wet ingredients until you get smooth muffin batter.
- Add 1 cup of mini chocolate chips and stir.
- Pour muffin batter into the muffin tin and bake for 30 minutes.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before removing muffins from the tin.
Healthy Banana Oatmeal Muffins No Egg
Although the egg serves as the main raising agent when making muffins and cake batter, you can replace it with 1/4 teaspoon vinegar. Together with baking soda and baking powder, vinegar will make your muffins fluffy and light.
Bananas will serve as the binding agent, so you can stay assured that your muffins won’t fall apart and crumble.
Healthy Banana Oatmeal Muffins With Applesauce
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and spray 12-muffin tin with a cooking spray.
- In one bowl, combine 1 teaspoon of vanilla, 1/2 cup applesauce, 1 egg, 3 mashed bananas, and 3/4 cup brown sugar.
- In another bowl, mix 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, 1 teaspoon baking powder, 1 teaspoon baking soda, 1 1/2 cup flour, and 1 cup oatmeal.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients together until you get muffin batter.
- Pour muffin batter into the muffin tin and bake for 18-20 minutes.
Healthy Banana Oatmeal Muffins Vegan
If you are vegan, you can make a vegan-friendly version of these healthy muffins. Simply replace the regular milk with almond milk, and instead of egg, you can use 1/ teaspoon of vinegar.
Healthy Banana Oatmeal Muffins UK
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F and grease your 12-muffin tin.
- In a blender, combine 2 cups rolled oats, 2 sliced ripe bananas, 1 cup of milk or whole milk Greek yogurt, 1/3 cup maple syrup, 2 eggs, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, 1 teaspoon baking soda, and 1/2 cup coconut sugar.
- Blend until you get smooth muffin batter.
- Pour muffin batter into the muffin tin and sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes.
Now you know how to make healthy banana oatmeal muffins with no sugar. Simply mix the dry ingredients (flour, oats, salt, baking powder, baking soda, honey, cinnamon) in one bowl and wet ingredients (egg, milk, vanilla, mashed banana) in another bowl. Then, combine dry and wet ingredients and stir well until you get smooth muffin batter.
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F, and bake your muffins for 18-20 minutes. Pro tip: you will know your muffins are fully baked when you stick a toothpick in one muffin, and it comes out clean. Enjoy your muffins!