How do you cook a pepper in the oven that was supposed to be grilled? Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F, line bell peppers on the rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper, drizzle the peppers with olive oil, season with salt and pepper, and roast for 20 minutes or until soft. You can turn the peppers once halfway through the cooking time.
Although grilled bell peppers are our favorite among roasted peppers, there are other ways to cook and enjoy this delicious vegetable, full of vitamin C. Keep reading to learn more!
How Do You Cook A Pepper In The Oven That Was Supposed To Be Grilled?
- Preheat the oven to 450F.
- Line the baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place peppers on the baking sheet and drizzle them with olive oil.
- Season with garlic powder, oregano, red pepper flakes, kosher salt, and pepper.
- Roast peppers until tender with slightly charred skin for about 20 minutes.
- Place the roasted peppers into a bowl and cover with plastic wrap.
- Let the peppers steam themselves for 10-15 minutes.
- Now you will be able to easily peel off their skin.
- Serve immediately with minced garlic and chopped fresh parsley.
How Do You Roast A Red Pepper Without A Gas Stove?
If you don’t have a gas stove, you can roast red peppers on the outdoor grill. You can make the best-grilled peppers by following these steps:
- Simply preheat the grill to the highest, and place the red bell peppers on the grill.
- Grill bell peppers for 10 minutes, flipping every 2-3 minutes.
- The skin will be charred, and if you leave the peppers in an airtight container for 15 minutes, you will be able to easily remove the skin from them.
- Serve grilled peppers with lemon juice and cilantro.
You can also char your peppers under the broiler. Just turn them every few minutes until their skin is blackened.
Another option for roasting a red pepper without a gas stove is in a microwave. Cut the peppers into small strips and place them in a casserole dish with 2 tablespoons of water. Cook on high setting for 2-3 minutes, until crispy tender. Stir once halfway through the cooking time.
If you own an air fryer, you can roast your red pepper by trying this awesome recipe:
- Preheat your air fryer to 350F.
- In a large bowl, combine 1 cup of sliced green pepper, 1 cup of sliced red pepper, 1 cup of sliced onion, 1 tablespoon olive oil, and 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt.
- Transfer to the air fryer basket and cook for 7-9 minutes, stirring once.
- Serve with cilantro and lime juice.
How Do I Cook Black Peppers On The Stove?
- Turn the burner on your gas stovetop to the highest.
- Use a pair of thongs to hold a pepper directly over the flame.
- Turn the pepper until it has charred skin all around.
- Place the now black pepper in a bowl and cover with plastic foil.
- After 10-15 minutes, the pepper will cool down, and you will be able to remove the pepper skin with your fingers.
- Serve roasted red peppers in a salad or frittata.
Should You Boil Peppers Before Roasting?
Boiling before roasting peppers can reduce the cooking time and can also help reduce the bitterness. It is not necessary for roasting the peppers, but if you decide to try it, this is how you blanch peppers before roasting:
- Bring water to a boil in a large pot.
- Remove the stem and the seeds from each pepper.
- Submerge the peppers into the boiling water for 1-2 minutes.
- Remove the peppers from the water and let them drain for a bit.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Place the peppers onto the baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Drizzle the peppers with olive oil, and season them as you wish (salt, pepper, oregano, red pepper flakes, garlic powder, onion powder, etc.).
- Roast for 15 minutes or until soft.
- Place in a covered bowl or in an airtight container for 15 minutes before peeling the skin off.
Instead of roasting, you can choose to fully cook your peppers by boiling them over medium-high heat. This is our favorite method for making stuffed bell peppers.
- In a large skillet, cook 1lb of ground beef until brown.
- Add spices: salt, pepper, oregano, thyme, 2 minced garlic cloves, and 1 chopped onion.
- Add 16 oz can of diced tomatoes, stir everything together, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add 1 cup of cooked rice and 1 chopped green onion.
- Again, stir everything together and simmer until all the liquid evaporates.
- Sed aside and allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, take 4-5 bell peppers, wash them, and remove their tops and seeds.
- Scoop ground beef mixture into each pepper until full.
- In a large pot, bring the water to a boil.
- Place stuffed bell peppers into the boiling water and cook them for 10 minutes.
- Remove the peppers from the water and allow them to cool down a bit before serving.
How Long Does It Take For Pepper To Cook?
The cooking time depends on the size of the pepper, cooking temperature, and the cooking method. Naturally, smaller peppers cook faster than larger bell peppers. To make roasted bell peppers in the oven at 450 degrees F, you will need 20 minutes.
If you decide to grill peppers on a gas grill or charcoal grill, you need to grill them for 10 minutes, flipping them every 2-3 minutes.
In a microwave, it will take you 2-3 minutes to cook sliced pepper, but be aware that microwaved pepper will be crispier than the roasted peppers.
In an air fryer, you will need to cook peppers for 7-9 minutes over 350 degrees F.
Now you know how do you cook a pepper in the oven that was supposed to be grilled. Simply preheat the oven to 450 degrees F, place the peppers onto the baking sheet lined with parchment paper, drizzle them with oil and season as you like, and roast for 20 minutes until soft.