How long to cook a pork loin on a gas grill? Pork loin should be cooked on a gas grill for 25 minutes over medium-high heat (at 450 degrees F). Serve grilled pork loin with bbq sauce and grilled vegetables.
For the exact cooking time, you need to take the weight of the pork tenderloin* and cooking temperature into consideration. Larger pork chops will take longer to cook, especially if you are cooking them at lower temperatures. However, you can always use a meat thermometer to check if the meat has reached a correct internal temperature of 145 degrees F.
*Since pork loin and pork tenderloin are quite similar, there is no difference between them when cooking.
Table of Contents
How To Cook A Pork Loin On A Gas Grill?
Try this grilled pork loin recipe:
- Trim the pork loin from the excess fat and silver skin. You can leave a thin, fat cap if you prefer it that way.
- Place the p0ork loin in a plastic food container and add 4 cups of water, 4 tablespoons salt, and 2-4 tablespoons of sugar.
- Leave in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours.
- Remove the pork loin from the brine and rinse under the running water.
- Pat dry with a paper towel.
- Season with black pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder.
- Grease the grill grates with olive oil.
- Heat the grill to medium-high heat (400-450 degrees F).
- Place the pork loin on the grill and start grilling.
- Every 5 minutes, flip the meat.
- After about 25 minutes of grilling pork tenderloin, it should be done.
- However, use an instant-read thermometer to check whether the meat has reached the internal temperature of 145 degrees F.
- Once the pork loin is fully cooked, remove it from the grill and allow it to rest for 5-10 minutes before serving with bbq sauce and grilled vegetables.
Some other grilled pork tenderloin recipes suggest that you grill it at a lower temperature for a longer time, but this recipe is great for those who can’t wait too long to eat this juicy and tender meat.
How Long to Cook Pork Loin On Propane Grill?
You can also cook pork loin on a propane grill over lower temperatures. At 350 degrees F, you will need 1-1,5 hours to fully cook 2-3lb pork loin. However, if you like your meat well done, the cooking time might be even longer.
How To Cook Boneless Pork Loin On Gas Grill?
- Preheat your grill to 350 degrees F.
- The grill will be divided into 2 cooking zones, one over a direct heat source and one over an indirect heat source.
- Cut any excess silver skin off the pork tenderloins.
- Drizzle the meat with olive oil and season it with chicken seasoning.
- Place the meat directly onto the grill grates over the indirect heat cooking zone.
- Grill for 1-1,5 hours, or until the pork reaches the internal temperature of 145 degrees F.
- Occasionally flip the meat for even cooking.
- Allow the meat to rest for several minutes before serving.
How Long To Cook Pork On Gas Grill?
How Long Does It Take To Grill A Pork Loin On The Grill?
To grill pork tenderloin on a gas or charcoal grill, you will need 1-1,5 hours over a temperature of 350 degrees F. If the meat is not so thick, or you increase the temperature, your pork loin will be fully done much sooner, after only 25-30 minutes.
How Long Do You Grill Pork Loin Per Pound?
A rule of thumb when grilling pork tenderloin says that you should grill it for 25 minutes per pound. Most pork loins and tenderloins weigh 1,5 pounds, which means 35-40 minutes. If you are grilling larger pieces of pork loins, 2-3 lb big – it will take you 1-1,5 hours.
How Long Does It Take To Grill A 2 Lb Pork Tenderloin?
On average, a pork tenderloin cooks for 25 minutes per pound, which means you will need 50 minutes to grill a 2 lb pork tenderloin. When in doubt, always use a meat thermometer.
What Temperature Do You Cook A Pork Loin On The Grill?
To cook pork tenderloin on the grill, you will need to heat up the grill to a temperature of 350-450 degrees F. If you prefer juicier meat, it is advised that you cook it for shorter but at a higher grill temperature.
Also, when heating the grill, you can choose a 2-zoned cooking setting, in which one part of the grill is over direct heat, while the other lays over indirect heat. Sear the meat for 5 minutes per side over direct heat, then continue to grill it slowly for 1 hour over the indirect heat.
Now you know how long to cook a pork loin on a gas grill. Over the temperature of 450 degrees F, you will need to grill the meat for 25 minutes. At 350 degrees F, the cooking time will be much longer, about 1-1,5 hours.