Wondering how long to cook a burger on a George Foreman Grill? For thin, you would cook them roughly for 5 minutes, for a more thick burger you would cook for around 7 minutes.
If you’re still unsure as to how long to cook burgers on a George Foreman grill, you’ve come to the right place!
Keep reading for more valuable tips and tricks on how to grill burgers on a George Foreman grill!
Table of Contents
How To Cook Burgers On George Foreman Well Done?
If you’re not that big of a fan of medium-rare and prefer your burgers well-done, don’t worry one bit!
We’re going to show you how to use your George Foreman grills to make the perfect well-done burger! And the best part is – it only takes a few more minutes!
- Be sure to preheat your George Foreman grill first.
- While it’s heating, season the burger patties! Salt and pepper are the basics, but we recommend adding a little onion powder and Worcestershire sauce to really give it that phenomenal taste!
- Put your burgers on the grill and close the lid.
- Grill them for about five minutes to get a perfectly well-done burger.
Once you’re done, all that’s left is to enjoy your meal!
How Long To Cook Frozen Burgers On George Foreman?
The best part about George Foreman grills is that you can cook frozen burgers on them just as easily!
However, there is one thing to remember! Make sure your burger patties are no more than 0.5 (1.3 cm) thick. If they’re thicker, they may overcook on the outside before cooking through on the inside.
Once you have a perfect size frozen burger, just follow these steps:
- Preheat the George Foreman grill for five minutes. If your grill has a temperature setting, place it on high.
- Place a couple of burgers on the grill. Just be careful since the grill is quite hot at this point!
- Close the lid and cook the burgers for around 5 minutes. Keep the lid closed and set a timer just to be sure.
- After 4.5 minutes, open the lid and check if the burgers are done.
- Keep checking every 30 seconds until they look perfect on the outside.
- Once they’re done, remove the burgers with a spatula and place them on a plate.
- Check the burgers’ internal temperature with a meat thermometer. If the patties’ temperature is below 160 F (71C), put them back on the grill until they reach this temperature. This is a really important step for safety reasons, so don’t skip over it!
After your burgers are fully cooked, put some thin slices of cheese and tomato in a burger bun and just have a great lunch!
How Long To Cook Turkey Burger On A George Foreman?
Turkey burgers are some of the tastiest burgers out there, and grilling them on George Foreman grill only makes them taste better!
- If you’re cooking any type of burger on a George Foreman grill, make sure to preheat it first. This should take about five minutes at high heat.
- While the grill is heating, add some seasoning to your turkey burger. Salt and pepper, along with garlic powder, are a great place to start. If you want to experiment a bit, you can always add a bit of Worcestershire sauce!
- Place the turkey burger on the grill and close the lid. George Foreman grills don’t take long, so your turkey burger should be that perfect golden brown in five minutes.
- Just to be sure, check the internal temperature with a meat thermometer. It should be 160 F or above. If it’s lower, place them back and grill the burgers until their internal temperature reaches 160 F!
While your burger is grilling, get some burger buns and a little lettuce and tomato out. Once the burger is done, place it in the bun and add a slice of cheese so it can melt perfectly over your turkey burger.
How Long To Cook A Lamb Burger On George Foreman?
If you’re a lover of lamb burgers, then you’re in luck. They are one of the easiest burgers to cook on a George Foreman grill and taste delicious when done!
Make sure to preheat the grill for about five minutes and season the raw meat while you’re waiting. If you’re feeling like a MasterChef, you could always add some brie cheese or an egg to the burger mix. It really elevates the taste!
Once your burger is seasoned and ready, place it on the lower grill plate and close the lid. Lamb burgers have a similar cooking time to turkey burgers, so they should be medium-well in about 4-6 minutes.
After four minutes, check on the burgers. If their internal temperature is 160 F and you’re satisfied with how they’re looking, the only thing left is to add your sides and toasted buns and take a bite of your delicious meal!
Just one more thing. If you’ve added some brie or an egg to the burger mix beforehand, make sure the burger’s temperature is 165 F before taking it off the grill!
How Long To Cook A Chicken Burger On A George Foreman?
Just like any type of burger on a George Foreman grill, the answer is – not that long!
Just like you would do with ground beef, mix the chicken in with some salt and pepper, garlic powder, and your favorite condiments. Make as many patties as you wish!
Once your George Foreman grill is heated, put the burger patties on the bottom plate and keep the lid on the grill closed. Cook the burgers for about 4-5 minutes.
After five minutes, make sure to check the burgers’ temperature. We don’t want any raw meat! If it’s at 160 F, then you’re good to go with one medium-well burger on your plate!
How Long To Cook Pork Burgers On George Foreman?
If you’re working with fresh meat, a pork burger will be cooked on a George Foreman grill in the blink of an eye!
Your prep time should take five minutes while the George Foreman grill heats up. The best way to heat it quickly is to select the option high heat.
Place the seasoned pork burgers on the preheated grill. Be careful, the grill plates are hot, and we really want to avoid burns!
Set your timer to 4 minutes and close the grill lid. When you hear the beeping sound, don’t worry, it’s not a fire, just one perfectly grilled medium-rare pork burger!
A quick tip for all you lovers of well-done burgers – if your burger is still undercooked for your taste, put it back on the Foreman grill and keep the lid closed. Check back after a minute, and your well-done pork burger has arrived!
How Long To Cook Salmon Burgers On George Foreman?
Salmon burgers can be a little tricky to grill, but don’t stress! With our tips and tricks, you’ll be grilling salmon burgers like a professional in no time!
Before we get to grilling, first things first – prep time (but for just like 10 minutes, don’t worry)!
- Take a bowl and mix in neatly cut salmon fillets (1-inch pieces), salt and pepper, onion powder, basil, mayonnaise (75g), 1 egg white, bread crumbs (around 45g), and 2 tablespoons of natural yogurt. Each burger should be 1/2-inches thick when you’re done.
Don’t be scared to get your hands dirty. All the ingredients need to be mixed and mashed well!
- Preheat your George Foreman grills on high. This should take you about five minutes.
- Place the patties on the Foreman grill and seal the lid.
- Salmon burgers should cook for 8-10 minutes.
- In the meantime, cut up some burger buns and get some vegetables out. People usually prefer a lettuce and tomato combo, but shredded red cabbage works wonders too!
- When the ding goes off, congratulations are in order for the TopChef – the delicious salmon burgers are all ready!
How Long To Cook Frozen Turkey Burgers On George Foreman?
Well, pretty easily if we’re being all that honest with you. The trick with even frozen burgers, no matter if they’re chicken, turkey, or beef, is to cook them until their internal temperature reaches 160 F. This way, we can be sure the meat isn’t raw, and it’s completely safe to eat.
So, once you’ve placed your turkey burgers on the Foreman grill, set your timer to 5 minutes. When the alarm goes off, take the burger off the grill and check the temperature.
If the temperature is still below 160 F, put it back on the Foreman grill and check back every 30 seconds. It should be ready to go in a minute or two!
How Do You Cook Hamburgers On A George Foreman Grill?
I know. The cold weather is coming in, but you still want to grill a few hamburgers and have your friends over on a Sunday night.
Don’t despair because the George Foreman grill is here to save the day, well, night. Grilling a hamburger on something other than a barbeque has never been easier or faster, for that matter.
- First things first – the hamburgers! If you’re making them, make sure they are not thicker than half an inch since they won’t cook all the way through in time.
- Once you’ve gotten your hamburger patties, preheat your George Foreman grill on high heat. This should take you just five minutes.
- Place the hamburger patties on the preheated grill and seal the lid closed. Grill for at least 4 to 6 minutes.
- Just to be safe, check on the hamburgers after 4 minutes. They should be cooked medium-well at this point.
- If you’d prefer them well-done, or they just don’t seem to be grilled to the desired degree, close the lid back up and give them another minute or two.
- Well, that’s it. Serve the hamburger up to your friends, and let’s see what kind of chef you are!
Do You Flip Burgers On George Foreman Grill?
Well, yes, technically, you can flip a burger on a George Foreman grill.
Although, there’s really no need to. The Foreman grills have both a top and bottom grill plate, so your burger will cook evenly on both sides. Just put a little bit of cooking spray on the grill so the meat doesn’t stick to the grill plates.
How Long Do You Cook Meat On A George Foreman Grill?
Well, the short answer is not long. The longer one is – it depends on what type of meat you’ll be cooking.
Anything from chicken to pork burgers is going to take somewhere between 4 and 7 minutes to cook at 400 °F. Depending on how you like your burgers done, the grill time will vary a few minutes. Simple as that.
On the other hand, chicken breasts are going to take between 9-11 minutes at 375 °F, while lamb and pork chops take a bit shorter, 4 minutes to 6 minutes at the same temperature.
Another famous guest on the grill is a boneless steak. Its grill time is 7 minutes to 8 minutes at 375 °F.
Whatever meat you like, just don’t forget to season, season, season!
What Temp Do You Cook Burgers On A George Foreman Grill?
One of the things you have to love about cooking burgers on the George Foreman grill is that the grill temperature is a breeze to remember.
Whether you’re cooking a turkey, chicken, pork, or salmon burger, make sure you set your Foreman grill temperature to high. This option may differ on some versions, so if you don’t have the low-high options, set the grill temperature to 400 °F.
Just remember to preheat it at high and keep the lid closed so the burgers can cook evenly on both sides! Don’t forget, we’re aiming for an internal temperature of 160 °F for the burgers. Anything below simply won’t do!
Now you know how long to cook burgers on a George Foreman grill!
We’ve shared some of the most precious tips and tricks about cooking burgers on a Foreman grill with you. From the basics of hamburgers to delicious salmon burgers, you’ve just read it all.
And you know what? We think you’re ready to call up some of your friends and serve some five-star burgers on a George Foreman for your next get-together!