So, you want to know how long to cook pork chops in a frying pan? Well, they’re actually pretty fast to cook: simply season with salt and pepper and sear your pork chops for 4 minutes on each side in a frying pan!
Keep on reading and learn all the secrets for a tasty pork chop!
Table of Contents
How long to cook pork chops in frying pan?
Who doesn’t love pork chops? Pork chops are proof that the simplest ingredients make the most delicious dish. Here is a great recipe and all my tips for amazing (and easy) pan-fried pork chops!
1. Pat the pork chops dry and season with a little salt, freshly ground black pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, and smoked paprika for a tasty pork chop
2. Preheat a frying pan to medium-high heat and drop a little olive oil.
3. Place your pork chops in the pan only when it is shimmering hot, and do not move them while they sear.
4. Sear pork chops until golden brown, which usually takes no more than 4-5 minutes, then flip the pork chops and sear the other side
5. Remove from the heat and let the pork chops rest on a plate before serving. Enjoy these tender pork chops with a side of mashed potatoes!
How do you know when pork chops are done frying?
Great, now you know how to make the most delicious pan-fried pork chops, but how do you know when they’re done?
Well, there are two ways:
1. The easiest (and safest) way is by using a meat thermometer. While cooking your pork chops, simply place an instant-read thermometer into the thickest part of the pork chop: it should read 135° F. Then, remove the pork chops and let them rest on a paper towel for 10 minutes. During this time, the pork chops will continue cooking, and they’ll reach 145°F.
2. By feel. Perfectly fried pork chops shouldn’t feel hard when you press on them with your finger. Instead, they should have a slight resistance.
How long does it take for pork chops to cook?
It usually takes from 4 to 5 minutes per side for pork chops to be cooked. Pork chops, however, may have different cook times, based on their thickness. Thinner chops, for example, usually take shorter cook time than thick-cut pork chops.
To be sure your pork chop is perfectly cooked, use a meat thermometer to check its internal temperature. This method works for any pork chop recipe!
If you have frozen pork chops, you would need to increase the cooking time, depending on if they are thawed.
How long does it take to cook 1-inch thick pork chops?
To make a 1-inch pork chop in a cast iron pan, season it with salt and pepper, then place it in the pan on medium-high heat. Consider cooking for at least 2-3 minutes, or until the pork chop is golden brown. Then flip the pork chop, reduce the heat and let it cook for 6-12 minutes. Check the internal temperature, remove it from the pan, and place it on a paper towel.
The residual heat will make the thickest part of the pork chop reach 145°F. Only then your pork chop will be perfectly cooked and ready to be served. Enjoy this easy pan with amazing pork chops with your favorite side dish!
How long to cook boneless pan-fried pork chops?
Cooking boneless pork chops in a cast-iron skillet or frying pan is actually pretty quick. Here’s an easy pan recipe for perfectly cooked pork chops:
Season your boneless pork chops with sea salt and pepper, place them in a large cast-iron skillet or any other frying pan with a tablespoon of olive oil. Heat on medium-high and sear your pork chops for 4-5 minutes per side. Check the internal temperature with a meat thermometer (it should be around 135°F), then remove from heat and let the boneless pork chops rest on a plate or over a paper towel for 5-10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
It is pretty similar to cooking smoked pork chops.
How long to cook bone-in pork chops?
Bone-in pork chops tend to have a little more fat than boneless pork chops, which will result in juicier chops when you pan fry them, but they usually contain less meat.
When pan-frying these bone-in chops, keep in mind that they require a few minutes more of cooking than the boneless pork chops: still, a good sear will take no more than 5 minutes per side.
How long does it take to cook pork chops in an electric frying pan?
An excellent way to make pork chops while keeping the heat in the kitchen as low as possible is by using an electric frying pan. Here’s how you do it:
1. Rub your chops with salt, lemon pepper ( if you don’t have lemon pepper in your pantry, just use freshly ground black pepper) and brush your skillet with a drizzle of olive oil.
2. Turn heat to 350° and sear your chops on both sides. Then reduce heat to the lowest temperature and simmer for about 10 minutes. Flip and continue simmering for another 10 minutes.
3. Remove from heat and enjoy these tender and flavorful pork chops!
How long to cook pork breaded pork chops in a pan?
With little pork chops prep time and no more, these easy pan breaded pork chops are perfect for your to-go meal on busy nights.
To prepare these pork chops, dab your pork loin with a paper towel, dredge in your flour mixture, dip in lightly beaten egg, then press into bread crumbs on both sides. Preheat your skillet and cook these breaded pork chops in hot oil for 5 minutes until the coating is golden and crispy.
Then bake for about 12-14 minutes and serve when internal temperature reaches 145°F. Enjoy!
How long does it take for pork chops to cook in a grill pan?
Pork chops can be cooked in a grill pan for a delicious weeknight meal with a really short prep time. A simple recipe for you:
Pat your pork chops dry and season with simple salt and pepper, then brush your grill pan with olive oil and preheat. Place your pork chops on the grill pan and start searing your pork chops for a few minutes. Flip when the pork chop is golden brown and keep cooking on the other side.
How long does it take for pork chops to cook in a cast-iron pan?
Cooking pork chops in a cast-iron skillet is super quick, and the results are phenomenal with only salt and pepper and
Cast iron guarantees a really good sear with little olive oil in the pan, making your cooked pork chops golden brown and juicy in only 4 minutes per side!
You might also be interested in checking out my post on how to cook boneless pork ribs in the oven, fast.
Now you know how long to cook pork chops in frying pan! Depending on the thickness of your pork chop, it should take you around 4 minutes on each side.