How to cook blacktip shark steak? Cooking shark meat may not be common, but people who eat shark meat swear by it.
You may not know how to cook shark steaks, but I got you covered! To cook blacktip shark steak:
- Get either a greased baking dish prepared (alternatively, you can use a baking sheet or shallow baking dish and aluminum foil).
- Place your fresh shark flesh on your baking surface.
- Drizzle your shark steaks with olive oil and your favorite fish seasonings like red pepper flakes, minced garlic, onion powder, garlic powder, and freshly ground black pepper. You can even use cajun spice mix or chili powder if you like a spicier fishy flavor.
- Place in a preheated oven that has been set to 450 f.
- The cooking time you will need will depend on how thick your steaks are. Cook shark steaks for 10 minutes for every inch of thickness.
- Once cooked completely, you can serve your delicious shark with a few lemon slices, lemon juice, chopped parsley, and a simple but flavorful marinade made from buttermilk or lemon juice as your base.
Here is one simple frying recipe:
How To Cook Blacktip Shark Steak?
To cook blacktip shark steak, you just need to place your spiced shark steaks on a greased baking dish and place them in an oven set to 450 f. After the first five minutes, splash your steaks with a little white wine or broth to prevent your shark from losing its moisture. Fresh fish flakes easily, so you’ll want to make sure you don’t let your shark steaks dry out. Allow 10 minutes of cooking time per inch of thickness.
Once fully cooked, place shark steaks in your serving dish and sprinkle with garlic salt and a Worcestershire sauce and soy sauce mixture.
How To Cook Blacktip Shark Steaks?
Cooking black-tip shark steaks isn’t difficult. Once you purchase shark meat, be prepared to cook it right away, so it stays fresh.
You can make pan-seared shark steaks by placing your shark in a cast-iron skillet on medium-high heat. Since you’re cooking time will depend on how thick your steaks are, you’ll need to pay attention.
Cook for between 10 and 15 minutes before flipping to cook your steaks on the other side. At this step, you can try to splash a little orange juice or other citrus juice into your pan to add a tangy flavor.
Serve while hot.
How To Grill Black Tip Shark Steak?
Grilled shark meat is just as easy to make as other types of fish.
Similar to tuna meat steaks, just place your seasoned shark meat on your grill and cook for 10 minutes before flipping.
Your shark’s translucent flesh should start to brown as it’s cooking, and that’s how you’ll know your steak is cooked through.
How To Cook Black Tip Shark Recipe?
To cook black-tip shark:
- Clean and soak your fresh shark flesh in buttermilk or lemon juice;
- Wrap shark meat steaks in greased tin foil and place in a shallow baking dish;
- Cook shark steaks in your oven at 450 f (a 1-inch steak will need 10 minutes, a 2-inch steak will need 20 minutes, etc.);
- Remove from wrapping once fully cooked and serve while warm with lemon juice.
How To Cook Black Tip Shark Fillets?
You can cook black-tip shark fillets the same way you can cook any other black-tip shark steaks. You will just need less time to cook them.
Just place your cleaned and still soaking shark meat in a greased baking dish and season however you prefer. Preheat your oven to 450 f and, once warm, place your baking dish on your oven rack. Cook your fillets for the equivalent of 10 minutes per inch. While fillets are thinner cuts of meat, their thickness can still vary.
Once cooked, you only need to allow a minute or two for your meat to cool before you can serve it.
Cover any leftovers with plastic wrap once they’re cool and place them in the fridge for up to 48 hours.
How Do You Cook Blacktip Shark?
You can cook blacktip shark on the grill, in a pan, or in the oven.
The fastest way to cook shark steaks is on the grill.
Once you’ve cleaned and soaked your steaks, season them with whatever spices, herbs, or marinades you prefer. Then simply place them on your grill rack on high heat and cook them for 10 minutes on each side or until they’re browning and their skin is crispy.
Serve your steaks with some lemon slices and whatever side dish you like to eat with your fish dishes.
Shark is a great tuna and swordfish alternative if you are looking to branch out in the types of fish you eat.
Are Blacktip Sharks Good Eating?
While blacktip shark is an acquired taste, it doesn’t have the fishy taste a lot of people don’t like about seafood. If you like to eat fish in general, you’ll probably like shark meat.
Do You Have To Soak Shark In Milk?
You don’t have to soak shark in milk. However, doing so does improve its flavor. It’s more important that you clean your shark before you cook it.
How Do You Prepare A Shark To Eat?
Preparing a shark to eat can seem tricky, but it really isn’t.
You want to make sure your shark is clean and has been soaked in milk for a few hours to make sure that its flavor will be the best it can be.
Once cleaned, you can marinade your shark steaks for a few hours to add flavor as the meat itself is very lean and may taste a little bland on its own.
Then you can cook using whatever method your like best.
Now you know how to cook blacktip shark steak! As this article has shown, the easiest way to cook blacktip shark is to simply place it in a greased baking dish where you can season it however you want. Then just cook it at 450 f for 10 minutes per inch of thickness. That’s all you have to do in order to enjoy tasty shark steaks whenever you want.