How To Cook Boba?
How to cook boba? Into boiling water, add boba and cook uncovered for 30 minutes. Then, leave boba to rest for another 30 minutes while still in the water. After those 30 minutes, drain the boba from the cooking water and rinse them under cold water.
Boba is also known as boba pearls or tapioca pearls. There are different boba pearls – white tapioca pearls, black tapioca pearls, dried tapioca pearls, etc., but the process for cooking them is similar. Keep reading this article to learn more!
How To Cook Boba?
- In a large pot, bring 10 cups of water to a boil.
- Add 1/2 cup of tapioca pearls to the boiling water and stir.
- Don’t wash boba before adding it to the pot because boba pearl can easily disintegrate when rinsed before cooking.
- Cook uncovered over medium heat for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat and cover the pot.
- Let boba rest for 30 minutes before draining it from the water in a strainer.
- While still in the strainer, run cold water over boba pearls shortly so that you get rid of tapioca starch.
- Sweeten your cooked boba pearls with brown sugar, syrup, or honey.
How To Cook Boba In Instant Pot?
- Put 1 cup of boba into the instant pot.
- Add 2 cups of water.
- Cover the lid and seal the vent.
- Cook on high pressure for 2 minutes.
- Quickly release the pressure, drain the water, and rinse boba pearls with cold water.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar and eat.
How To Cook Boba In The Microwave?
You can also cook tapioca pearls in the microwave:
- Pour 1/3 cup of boba into a microwave-safe bowl.
- Pour enough water to cover the boba pearls.
- Microwave on high for 30 seconds, then stir and microwave for another 30 seconds.
- Drain from the water, rinse and serve with a sweetener of your choice.
How To Cook Boba In Slow Cooker?
- Pour 1 cup of boba into the rice cooker.
- Add 3 cups of water.
- Cook for 20 minutes.
- Turn off the rice cooker and let the boba soak in the cooking water for another 25-30 minutes. (Be careful not to forget them in the water because tapioca pearls dissolve when soaked for too long)
- Rinse under cold water.
- Serve cooked tapioca pearls with honey.
How To Cook Boba From Scratch?
If you want to make your own homemade chewy boba pearls, follow this recipe:
- In a bowl, combine 9 tablespoons of tapioca flour and 2 tablespoons of boiling water.
- In another, smaller bowl, combine 1/4 teaspoon of liquid black food color and 1 tablespoon of boiling water.
- Add the food coloring to the tapioca flor and stir until the mixture starts to be compact like a dough.
- Transfer the tapioca dough to the work surface and knead until it becomes smooth.
- Make small tapioca balls.
- In a pot, bring 2 cups of water to a boil, and add your freshly-made tapioca pearls.
- Cook for 15 minutes and then remove from the heat.
- Let your tapioca pearls rest for a few minutes, then drain from the water and rinse with cold water.
- Serve in a bowl with sweet syrup.
How To Cook Boba Brown Sugar?
Boba brown sugar is a milk tea made with boba pearls. Also called bubble tea, or boba tea, it’s really easy to make. So, if you love bubble tea and you want to make it, follow this recipe:
- In a pot, pour 6 cups of milk, 2 tablespoons of black tea leaves, and 3 tablespoons of light brown sugar.
- Stir everything together.
- Heat the mixture until the milk starts to steam.
- Remove the pot from the heat and let the tea leaves steep in the hot milk for 10-15 minutes before removing them with a strainer.
- Pour milk into a bottle or other container and place it in the fridge to cool.
- Cook 1 cup of boba pearls as usual.
- In a small bowl, add 1/4 cup of dark brown sugar and 1 cup of water.
- Bring the water to a boil, then add cooked boba pearls.
- Reduce the heat to a slow simmer and let the pearls braise for 20-25 minutes until the liquid turns into a sticky syrup.
- Pour braised boba pearls and syrup into the glass, and add milk tea.
How To Cook Boba Perfectly?
- Avoid rinsing boba pearls before you start cooking them.
- After cooking, remove them from the heat and allow them to rest for several minutes before draining.
- Rinse under cold water to remove the excess starch.
- Don’t overcook them. They are supposed to be soft but still a little chewy.
How To Cook Boba Bubbles?
- In a large pot, pour 7 cups of water and bring to a boil.
- Add 1 cup of tapioca pearls and stir so that they don’t stick to the bottom.
- Let the boba pearls float to the top and cover the pot.
- Stir every 5 minutes while maintaining a rolling boil.
- Remove from the heat after cooking for 15 minutes.
- Let the boba pearls sit in the cooking water for another 15 minutes while covered.
- Drain boba pearls and rinse with cold or lukewarm water.
- Store them in a bowl, and sprinkle them with brown sugar or sugar syrup.
How Do You Cook Ready Made Boba?
Simply place boba in boiling water and cook uncovered for 30 minutes. Allow boba to sit in the water for another 15-30 minutes, then drain and rinse with cold water.
Now you know how to cook boba! In a pot, bring water to a boil, and add boba pearls. Cook for 30 minutes, then remove from the heat. Cover the pot and let the boba pearls rest in the cooking water for 30 minutes. Using a strainer, drain the boba from the water and rinse the boba under cold water to remove any excess starch. Serve with brown sugar, sugar syrup, or honey. Enjoy your boba!