How to cook Chinese sausage? The easiest way to cook a Chinese sausage is in boiling water. Simply boil water and add the sausages. Cook for about 10-15 minutes, occasionally stirring.
The Chinese sausage is also called Lap Cheong, and it is a type of cured sausage. These dried raw meat sausages need to be cooked before eating.
How To Cook Chinese Sausage
- In a pot or saucepan, bring water to a boil.
- Add the sausage to the boiling water.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes, or until the sausage becomes translucent and starts floating on the surface of the water.
- Once you cook sausage, remove it from the water and serve with soy sauce, mustard, or any other condiment of your choice.
How To Cook Chinese Sausage In Air Fryer
You can also cook this spicy sausage in your air fryer,
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F.
- Place one or more Chinese sausages into the air fryer basket, but avoid overlapping.
- Air fry for 7 minutes, then turn each sausage.
- Air fry for another 7 minutes.
- Make sure that the internal temperature of the sausage is at least 190 degrees F.
How To Cook Chinese Sausage In Rice Cooker
Another way to cook Chinese sausage is in the rice cooker, with or without rice.
- If you are cooking Chinese sausage with rice, rinse the rice and pour it into the rice cooker.
- Add water according to the rice cooker instructions.
- Add Chinese sausages on top.
- Cook as you would normally cook the rice.
- When the rice is cooked enough, the sausages will be cooked too!
How To Cook Chinese Sausage In Instant Pot
- Place Chinese sausages into the instant pot.
- Pour enough water into the pot to cover the sausages.
- Cover the lid and seal the valve.
- Cook on high pressure for 10 minutes.
- Quickly release the pressure, drain from any excess liquid, and serve.
How To Cook Chinese Sausage Fried Rice
- Cook rice and let it cool before you proceed with the rest of the recipe.
- In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, oyster sauce, sesame oil, white pepper, and water until you get a well-combined mixture.
- Over medium heat, preheat a skillet with a little bit of olive or cooking oil.
- Add three beaten eggs and fry until cooked.
- Remove the eggs from the skillet, add another tablespoon of oil, and finely chopped garlic and scallions.
- Add chopped Chinese sausages, but without sausage casing.
- Fry for 20 seconds until the sausages become light brown.
- Add already cooked rice and continue to fry until it warms up.
- Remove the stir-fried rice and sausages from the pan and drizzle with soy sauce-oyster sauce mixture.
How To Cook Chinese Sausage From Costco
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in a skillet.
- Add beaten eggs, chopped scallions, salt, pepper, and chopped Chinese sausages without casings.
- Stir fry for 3-4 minutes, until both the eggs and sausages are well cooked.
- Garnish with more chopped scallions and serve.
How To Cook Chinese Sausage With Eggs
As you can see from previous paragraphs, you can cook Chinese sausage with eggs. The best way to do so is to use sliced sausage without casing. This way, the sausage will cook as fast as the eggs.
You can also fry the whole sausage first and then add the beaten eggs, but it won’t be as nice as when you slice the sausage first.
How To Cook Chinese Sausage Boil
Boiling is one of the easiest ways to cook Chinese sausage. You can boil Chinese sausage in a rice cooker, in an instant pot, or on a stovetop. Once cooked, Chinese sausages will become almost translucent, they will start to float, and their internal temperature will be around 190 degrees F.
How To Cook Chinese Sausage In The Oven
One way to cook Chinese sausages is in the oven.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line the baking tray with parchment paper and lay the sausages on the tray without overlapping or touching.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then flip each sausage and continue baking for another 15 minutes.
What Is The Best Way To Cook Chinese Sausages?
The best way to cook Chinese sausages depends on your personal preferences, but most people prefer to cook them in a rice cooker or on a stovetop. A Rice cooker is a particularly handy way to cook Chinese sausage, especially when you cook it with some rice.
Simply rinse the rice and add it to the cooker. Add Chinese sausage and cover with cold water. Cook as per rice cooker instructions until the rice gets fully cooked. The sausages will be cooked too by that time. Serve with sweet soy sauce.
How Do You Cook Chinese Sausage On The Stove?
You can boil Chinese sausage in a pot filled with water, or you can fry this sausage in a frying pan. Both cooking methods require you to use a stove. Boiling is a better choice when you want to cook sausage without too much hassle. Frying is better when you want to cook some eggs along with the sausage.
Do You Have To Boil Chinese Sausage?
Chinese sausages are basically dried raw meat sausages, and you will need to either boil, fry, air fry, or bake them in order to eat them safely. Only then, when they reach an internal temperature of 190 degrees F, they will be good to eat.
Do I Need To Soak Chinese Sausage?
Some people soak this salty-sweet dried sausage before cooking it. This is a great way to bring forward all the flavors and textures in the Chinese sausage.
Now you know how to cook Chinese sausage. Bring water to a boil in a pot and add Chinese sausages. Cook for 10-15 minutes, or until the sausages start floating on top of the water and they become semi-translucent. Another way to make sure that they are fully cooked is to use a meat thermometer and check if the internal temperature has reached a minimum of 190 degrees F.