How to cook deer sausage? Get a frying pan and a nonstick cooking spray. Cover your deer sausage with some olive oil. Set the skillet to medium heat and let your venison sausages cook for about 12-16 minutes or until they get golden brown. It’s best to use a food thermometer if needed to ensure the venison sausages reach an internal temperature of 120F.
In this article, we will tell you how to cook venison sausage in various ways. So, just choose the one that suits you the most!
Table of Contents
How To Cook Deer Sausage?
Cooking deer sausages is just as simple as cooking any other meat. To cook your venison sausage, you should use a frying pan and follow these simple steps:
- Get some olive oil, and spread it nicely, or use a nonstick cooking spray.
- Get the pan to medium heat.
- Fry your deer sausages for 12 to 16 minutes until they’re golden brown.
- If needed, you can always add a bit more olive oil.
- And there! You now have your cooked deer sausages.
How To Cook Deer Sausage In Oven?
Here’s how to cook venison roasted deer sausages:
- Take your deer sausage links outside the fridge and place them on a baking or roasting pan.
- Place your venison sausage links inside the oven at 300 to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Use a food thermometer to check if the sausages are safe to eat. They should be at approximately 160F.
- The cooking time should be 25 to 33 minutes.
- Take your baking pan out and enjoy!
How To Cook Deer Sausage On The Grill
If you don’t already know, grilled deer sausages always have that extra flavor. To cook your venison sausages on the grill:
- Get your grill to medium-high heat. Your grill’s heat will determine the cooking duration.
- Grill your venison sausage for about five minutes, turn them once to ensure that they are cooked evenly.
- Once you’ve sealed the juices, reduce to medium heat and close the lid.
- Then continue to grill your deer meat for about 20 minutes.
How To Cook Deer Sausage Patties?
- You can cook your patties from fresh, thawed, or frozen.
- Just grab a frying pan or a skillet and cover it with olive oil or a nonstick cooking spray.
- Cook the sausages until they are no longer pink in the middle.
- Check your sausage with a food thermometer before eating or just cut one open.
How To Cook Deer Sausage Links?
- Use a shallow baking tray and place your sausages links on the tray.
- Heat a nonstick skillet to a medium-low temperature.
- Add your sausage links and cook them for 12-16 minutes until they are fully cooked and get golden brown color.
How To Cook Deer Sausage In Air Fryer?
We know you can cook almost everything in an air fryer, so here’s how to enjoy the best-roasted deer sausage in an air fryer:
- Preheat your air fryer at 400 F.
- Fry them for about 8-12 minutes or until your venison sausage looks golden brown.
- The duration always depends on how many sausages you have on the basket.
- You can always check your sausage with a food thermometer to ensure the internal temperature of the sausage. It’s important to make sure that they’re cooked perfectly.
How To Cook Deer Sausage Links In Air Fryer?
Cooking Sausage Links in the air fryer is pretty much like the previous steps. All you have to do is to look out at all sausage links to ensure they are cooked. You might want to use a food thermometer to check that their internal temperature reaches 120F.
- Set air fryer at 400 F.
- Fry sausages for 8-12 minutes (Cooking time varies on the number of sausages in the basket), when laying the sausages make sure that each of them has space and they do not overlap.
- Make sure that they’re cooked with a food thermometer or just by cutting one open.
How To Cook Deer Sausage On The Stove?
To make this version of venison sausages:
- Grab a large saucepan and coat it with olive oil.
- Once your saucepan is completely coated, set your stove to medium-low.
- Place your sausages on the stove. The cooking time should be around 12-16 minutes. Always remember to flip your sausage halfway through the cooking process.
- At low heat, check with an instant-read thermometer to make sure that the internal temperature reaches 120F – or just cut one open.
How To Cook Deer Sausage From Frozen?
If your sausages are still frozen:
- Boil your venison sausages for 10-12 minutes.
- Set your grill to medium-low.
- Coat them with olive oil and grill them on medium temperature for about 6-8 minutes.
- Check your sausages to ensure the internal temperature is at 120 F so that they’re safe to eat.
How To Cook Deer Sausage On Stove Pot?
To cook your venison sausages on a stove pot:
- Set your stove pot to a gentle simmer.
- Boil your deer sausage for 8-10 minutes.
- You can boil the venison sausage casings together since they’re safe to eat.
What Is The Best Way To Cook Deer Sausages?
Whether you’re cooking all the sausages for your family or just two sausages for yourself, the best way to cook them is always to fry them. It’s also the easiest way to cook deer sausages. All you need is to grab a nonstick pan, set it to medium temperature, coat it with olive oil, and fry the sausages for 12-16 minutes.
How Do You Cook Deer Sausage On The Stovetop?
You can boil the sausage for 8-10 minutes, or you can pan-fry it for roughly 7 minutes on each side. Frying is a more tasty option as it will create a nice crispy crust.
How Do You Know When The Deer Sausage Is Cooked?
To ensure that your venison deer sausages are perfectly cooked, you can always use an instant-read thermometer to check their internal temperature, ensuring they are at 120F. Always use this technique for any method of cooking of your choice when it comes to cooking deer sausages.
Another simple method is just to cut one open to see if the insides are cooked through.
How Long Does It Take To Cook Deer Sausages In The Oven?
The cooking time of your roasted deer sausages is around 25 to 33 minutes. Ensure that your roasting pan is well placed and that your venison sausages are well coated with olive oil.
We’ve reached the end of how to cook deer sausages. If you’re still unsure on which method to use, try using the easiest method, and that is to grab a frying pan and cover with olive oil, set your temperature to medium heat, and let your venison sausages cook for 12-16 minutes until they’re golden brown!