How to cook everything faster? There are several tips and recipes for cooking faster, and they all suggest that you get organized, think about the whole cooking process, and preheat your oven, air fryer, or stove.
If you need to cook in boiling water, put the water to boil while preparing all the other ingredients. Don’t forget to cover the pot to make the water boil faster.
Cut everything into smaller pieces because it will cook much faster. Also, you can try using larger pans because they have a bigger surface area, meaning that more of the pan’s surface touches the heating area, making the cooking process much faster.
Mince everything together in a food processor so that you save time on chopping each ingredient.
You can even find a book about faster cooking, written by author Mark Bittman, but at this moment, all you need to know for a start is in this article, so keep reading!
How Do You Make Things Cook Faster?
Some neat tricks make things cook faster:
- Always preheat the heat source while you prepare the ingredients. This way, when you prepare all the ingredients, you will start cooking them immediately instead of waiting for the oven or stove to heat.
- Speed up the washing process: wash all the produce together in a colander. This will save you several minutes.
- Cut everything into smaller pieces: chop veggies and other ingredients into thinner and smaller pieces to cook faster.
- Cook everything at very high heat: high heat means faster cooking, but make sure you don’t burn your dish. The rule of the thumb is to cook at 10-20 degrees F higher temperature than you would normally do.
- Wash vegetables after chopping unnecessary parts, such as leaves and stems.
- Cover the pot with the lid and let the steam naturally cook the ingredients.
- If you want to make pureed vegetable soup, mince the veggies instead of chopping each one of them separately, this will save both prepping and cooking time.
- Salt the water before boiling it, as it will boil much faster.
- Before you start with the prepping process, put every ingredient and utensil on your workspace to have everything nearby when you start cooking. This way, you won’t have to go and look for an ingredient or tool only when you already need them.
- Get a kitchen thermometer because it will help you check the internal temperature when cooking meat, and that way, you will know when it’s done, and save even more time.
- Use kitchen scissors to chop cooked or tender raw vegetables. It is much faster than with the knife.
- Speaking of knives, make sure that your knife is sharp because cutting with a dull blade can be annoying, inefficient, and just slow.
- When cooking beans or meat from an older animal, add 1-2 tablespoons of baking soda. It will make the cooking process much faster!
- Try to cook everything in one pan and use as few dishes as possible so that you have fewer dishes to wash afterward.
How Can I Cook Faster At Home?
- When you want to cook an easy and delicious meal, it’s best to follow some simple recipes, because that way, you won’t have to improvise and lose time thinking about what to do next. Following a recipe will save you a lot of time.
- Some sauces like tomato sauce can be made in a batch and frozen for later use. Next time you cook, you won’t have to bother preparing tomato sauce. You just need to get some from the freezer and add it while still frozen. It will thaw quickly in just a few minutes.
- Garlic is always a nice addition to many meals, but it can be annoying to chop it, especially when the recipe requires several garlic cloves. An easier way is to simply mince all the garlic cloves at once and use minced garlic in the meal preparation. The same goes for minced ginger or any other spice/vegetable that needs chopping.
- Instead of cutting onions and crying, you can also mince or grind them in a food processor. It will be much faster and without tears!
How Do You Speed Up Cooking Meat?
Cooking meat can take some time, and you must cook it well enough. However, there is a way to cook meat faster.
- Any meat will cook much faster when sliced thin than cut into thick pieces. You can also chop the meat into thick but smaller pieces. For example, next time you cook chicken meat, you should cut chicken cutlets in half, and they will cook much faster.
- Always line pieces of meat in a single layer on a baking sheet. This will make sure that each piece of meat is cooked evenly and fast.
- Before cooking, don’t forget to defrost frozen meat, as it will cook much faster. Simply take it out of the freezer several hours before you plan to cook it! You should also put the refrigerated meat at room temperature for half an hour before cooking.
- As already mentioned, baking soda will make the meat cook faster, especially some chewy meat from an old animal.
How Can I Make Myself Cook More?
Cooking needs a certain level of skill and patience, but at the same time, cooking and eating home-cooked food feels so much better than eating fast food. To get motivated and cook more often, simply follow these tips:
- Learn some easy recipes, for example, fast eggs florentine, and then experiment with them.
- After you learn easy recipes, learn a few recipes for cooking your favorite meals.
- Ensure that you have a clean kitchen with enough room for food preparation.
- Buy some nice knives, pots, pans, and utensils.
- Learn some cool recipes from people around you.
- Cook for your loved ones because it will be the greatest motivation – to make them happy.
- Keep your kitchen pantry well stocked with cooking ingredients and spices.
- Allow yourself to be lazy sometimes, cut the baguette in half the long way, fill it with your favorite cheese, ham, and salad. That way, you will have one giant sandwich that’s still healthier and cheaper than fast-food sandwiches.
Now you know how to cook everything faster! There are several tricks that you should include in your cooking routine, for example, cooking at higher temperatures (don’t forget to preheat everything), chopping your ingredients in smaller cuts so that they cook faster. Instead of chopping garlic, ginger, onions, and similar vegetables, you should always mince them, as it will save you so much time!
Mastering the skill of cooking takes time and patience, but with these tips, you are on a great way to learn how to quickly cook delicious meals.