How To Cook Frozen Meatballs In Air Fryer?
How to cook frozen meatballs in air fryer? The simplest answer – cook them for 8 minutes in an air fryer preheated at 350 F. However, there are some more tips and tricks for air fryer meatballs we’d love to show you, so just keep reading for some more culinary inspiration!
How To Cook Frozen Meatballs In Air Fryer?
The simplest way to do this is to preheat your air fryer to 350 F and cook the meatballs for 8 minutes – no defrosting needed. Now, we know this sounds a bit simple and maybe even a little bland, so we’ve prepared some more ways of making air-fried meatballs for you below!
How Long To Bake Frozen Meatballs In Air Fryer?
No matter if you’re making homemade meatballs or frozen ones, cooking them in the air fryer is going to take just a few minutes – 15 minutes to be exact.
Since there is a whole bunch of air fryer recipes for meatballs out there, the cooking time may differ between them. To become an expert in cooking air-fried frozen meatballs, just scroll down the article for our best recipes and cooking times!
Can You Cook Frozen Meatballs In Air Fryer?
Not only can you cook frozen meatballs in the air fryer, but you absolutely should! This is by far one of the easiest and most delicious air-fried food. Not to mention – it’s super easy to make!
All you need is some pre-cooked frozen meatballs, an air fryer, and a couple of minutes. Once they’re done you can serve them with rice, make a meatball sandwich or just enjoy them as a mid-day snack.
How Long Can Frozen Meatballs Stay In Airfryer?
The air fry cooking time depends on a couple of things. We’ll take it step-by-step.
The first question you should ask is meatball size – larger meatballs are going to take more time than smaller ones – obviously. So, whichever recipe card you decide to go with, just check the meatballs halfway through cooking and all will be fine.
The second is whether you’re dealing with raw or precooked frozen meatballs. In the case of the former, the meatballs are going to stay in the air fryer a few minutes longer.
For all the specifics and more recipes, just keep reading the article!
How Long Do You Cook Frozen Meatballs In The Air Fryer?
Frozen meatballs don’t really take that long to cook in the air fryer. Worst case scenario you’re looking at about twenty minutes of cook time.
But don’t worry, instead of leaving you to fend for yourself, we’re sharing an easy and quick air fryer recipe for precooked frozen meatballs with you. It should help you determine the cooking time in no time!
- Preheat your air fryer! To be honest, this isn’t a mandatory step, but it really helps cut down the cooking time. So, preheat your air fryer to 380 F for about 3 minutes.
- Place the frozen meatballs into the air fryer basket in a single layer. Make sure not to overcrowd them. No meatballs should be touching, so if you want some leftover meatballs, make sure to cook multiple batches
- Set the air fryer to 380 F and let the meatballs fry for 10 minutes.
- At the five-minute mark, shake the air fryer basket gently, as this moves the meatballs around a bit.
- Last step – temperature check. For all you professional chefs out there, you can use a meat thermometer and check the internal temperature – anything above 130 F is fine for precooked frozen meatballs. If you’re a bit old school, take the meat out, cut it in half and feel if it’s hot enough.
The next part is the easiest. Enjoy your air-fried meatballs with a side of your favorite sauce. We recommend a sweet chili sauce dip!
How Long To Cook Frozen Meatballs In The Air Fryer?
So, we’ve given you the cooking time for precooked frozen meatballs, but what if you’re planning to cook frozen raw meatballs? What then? Well, then it’s good you’re here since we’ve got that one covered as well.
- For raw frozen meatballs, preheat the air fryer to 350 F. The temperature is a bit lower since the cooking time is going to be longer and we don’t want any burned meatballs on our hands.
- Place them into the air fryer basket and cook meatballs for 20 minutes at 350 F.
- After 20 minutes, check their internal temperature. In this case, you’re looking for anything over 165 F.
- If the temperature’s just right, take them out of the fryer and into a meatball sub sandwich with a bit of marinara sauce on the side, and enjoy your delicious meal!
How Long To Put Frozen Meatballs In The Air Fryer?
We’ve told you about the cooking time for precooked frozen meatballs and we’ve mentioned it for raw ones as well. However, there’s still one thing we haven’t covered and that’s the size of the meatball.
In other words, your air frying times are going to differ a bit depending on the type of meatball you’re working with. Is it mini meatballs, larger meatballs, or some smaller or medium-sized ones?
If the meatballs are larger, they’ll take up a bit more time to turn golden brown and cook all the way through. So, read our air fryer recipes above, take your time and keep checking their internal temperature from time to time – success and a delicious and quick appetizer are guaranteed!
Can You Cook Raw Meatballs In An Air Fryer?
Simply put – yes. Cooking raw meatballs in the air fryer is just as easy as cooking raw ones. Just scroll down and find our quick and easy recipe notes for our beef meatballs in the air fryer.
- Preheat your air fryer to 350 F.
- While the fryer is heating up, take a large bowl and combine some beef, pork, egg, and a bit of garlic and salt.
- Mix in some bread crumbs and keep mixing until everything’s evenly combined.
- Place the meatballs in the basket and cook for 8 minutes at 350F.
- After the 8-minute mark, shake the air fryer basket and let the meatballs cook for another 2 minutes.
- Take them out and serve with a bit of bbq sauce or chili.
Can You Cook Meat From Frozen In The Air Fryer?
Absolutely, just about everything, today can be air-fried and that goes for frozen meat as well. The best part is that air frying frozen meat takes only a couple of minutes. The worst-case scenario is a cooking time of about 20 minutes.
One of our personal frozen meat is air fryer frozen meatballs. So, if you’re looking to find some healthy recipes for frozen meat and meatballs, just scroll down for the delicious details!
How Long Do Meatballs Take To Cook From Frozen?
As is the case with everything in the culinary world – it depends on the way you’re cooking them. If you plan to cook your meatballs from frozen in the oven or a large pot, you’re going to need around 30 minutes.
However, if you’re lucky enough to have an air fryer or two on your hands, the cooking time will be 10 to 20 minutes, depending on whether you’re working with precooked or raw frozen meatballs.
For a step-by-step explanation of how to air fry frozen meatballs, check out our delicious recipes below. We bet you’ll be pleasantly surprised!
How Do You Heat Up Frozen Cooked Meatballs?
Quickly and easily. Since the meatballs are already cooked, reheating them will take no time at all. Just set your air fryer to 380 F and place the meatballs into the basket after three minutes. They should be done in 10 minutes.
If you need a bit more detail for this recipe, just scroll back up and you’ll find step-by-step instructions for heating up frozen cooked meatballs. There might be a dipping sauce suggestion or two up there as well!
We’re at the end of this article and now you know how to cook frozen meatballs in air fryer. The simplest way is to preheat the air fryer to 350 F and cook the meatballs for 8 minutes. Once they’re done, pair them with a delicious topping or mashed potato side and have an all-around great meal!