How To Cook Frozen Okra In Air Fryer?
How To Cook Frozen Okra In Air Fryer? Air frying frozen okra is simple. You need to preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F, add the frozen okra in a single layer into the basket, and fry for 15 minutes. When you are halfway through the cooking time, lightly shake the basket to ensure every okra piece gets cooked evenly, and then continue cooking until 15 minutes are up.
When most people think of an air fryer, frozen okra is probably one of the last food items they imagine air frying. However, an air fryer is a perfect way to prepare it for those who love eating okra!
How To Cook Frozen Okra In Air Fryer?
This air fryer okra recipe is quite simple:
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F for 3-4 minutes.
- Season the frozen okra with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Lightly spray the air fryer basket with a non-stick cooking spray, olive oil, or even avocado oil.
- Put your okra in the air fryer basket. Make sure that you have a single layer of okra laid out.
- Fry for 15 minutes and shake the basket halfway through the cooking time, and then continue cooking.
How To Cook Frozen Whole Okra In Air Fryer?
You can also cook frozen whole okra in an air fryer:
- Again, preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F for 2-3 minutes.
- Season the frozen whole okra with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper powder.
- Place the okra into the oiled air fryer basket.
- Air fry the okra for 10-15 minutes with occasional shaking or stirring.
How To Make Frozen Bhindi In Air Fryer?
- Mix salt, cayenne pepper powder, ground cumin, mango powder, and ground coriander with a bit of olive oil.
- Add the frozen okra into the spice mixture and rub it well.
- Preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees F for 5 minutes.
- Place the seasoned okra into the air fryer basket.
- Cook for 9 minutes, and then stir. Cook for another 4 minutes.
What Temp To Cook Frozen Okra In Air Fryer?
Any temperature ranging from 350 to 400 degrees F is great for cooking okra, but if you want it to be more crispy, you should cook it at a higher temperature.
How Long Does It Take To Cook Frozen Okra In An Air Fryer?
Frozen okra takes between 10 and 15 minutes to cook in an air fryer, depending on how crispy you like it, and it also depends on the cooking temperature. The lower temperature, the longer the cooking time is. Also, fresh okra cooks faster than frozen okra.
Can You Cook Frozen Okra In Air Fryer?
Yes, you can cook frozen okra in an air fryer. As a matter of fact, air-fried okra is really delicious! If you don’t believe us, you should try Pictsweet frozen breaded okra from the air fryer!
Do You Need To Thaw Frozen Okra Before Cooking?
You don’t need to thaw frozen okra before cooking. Simply cook okra while it is still frozen, and it will soon defrost while it cooks. Some people even prefer to prepare frozen okra than a fresh one because it is easier to cut, and it is convenient because you can always get more okra from the freezer.
How Do I Cook Frozen Breaded Okra?
It is easy to make breaded frozen okra in the air fryer:
- Preheat the air fryer to 380 degrees F.
- Cut each okra into 1/2 inch thick pieces, and don’t forget to discard the top and bottom of each okra stem.
- Take three bowls. In one, you should pour flour mixture (white flour and a bit of cornflour), in the second one you should put whisked eggs, and in the third one, you should mix the breadcrumbs and spices: sea salt, cayenne pepper, and paprika.
- Dip each okra piece in the first, then in the second, and finally in the third bowl (always in that order).
- Put the breaded okra pieces into the air fryer basket, spray them with some oil and cook for 7 to 8 minutes or until they become golden brown.
How Do You Cook Frozen Okra Without It Being Slimy?
Cooked okra can be slimy sometimes, and nobody likes to eat slimy okra! To avoid that, here are some tips that you should follow:
- If you cut and cook okra while it’s still frozen, it will be much less slimy than if you cut it fresh.
- When it’s possible, you should avoid cutting okra at all! The more you cut it, the slimier it will be. If, however, you need to cut it, try to cut it into larger chunks than into thin pieces.
- You can also soak the okra in vinegar for half an hour before cooking. Just don’t forget to rinse it and pat it dry after soaking in the vinegar.
- Another way to avoid slimy okra is to pre-cook it on high heat. You can saute, blanch, roast, or grill okra before adding it to your recipe and further cooking it.
- Cook it with onions, lemon, or tomatoes. Acidity in these ingredients will largely reduce the slime from the okra.
How Long Does It Take To Fry Frozen Okra?
You can also fry frozen okra in a frying pan, and it will take you 8 to minutes to do it, a bit faster than in the air fryer.
Now you know how to cook frozen okra in an air fryer! Preheat the air fryer to 350 to 400 degrees F, and place the okra pieces in the air fryer basket in one layer. Sprinkle them with a little bit of oil, and cook for 10-15 minutes, depending on how crispy you want them to be. Always make sure to cook okra in one layer, so it cooks perfectly. If needed, cook it in several batches.
What to do with leftover fried okra? You can quickly reheat okra in the air fryer or in the oven at 350 degrees F for 8-10 minutes.