How to cook frozen tortellini? Bring 4 quarts of water to a boil and add one teaspoon of salt. Add frozen tortellini and cook for 3-5 minutes, or until they start to float on the surface. Drain them from the water and serve with your favorite sauce.
You can also cook fresh and dried tortellini. Fresh tortellini (or refrigerated tortellini) will take only 2-3 minutes to cook, and dried tortellini will take 10-11 minutes to cook. If you want to learn more about boiling frozen pasta tortellini, keep reading!
How To Cook Frozen Tortellini?
- Pour 4 quarts of water and one teaspoon of salt into the pot.
- Bring the water to a boil and add frozen tortellini.
- Cook for 3-5 minutes until the tortellini start to float to the top of the boiling water.
- When cooking, you can stir tortellini occasionally with a wooden spoon.
- Drain tortellini from the water and serve with sauce or cheese.
How To Cook Frozen Tortellini In Instant Pot?
- Pour frozen cheese tortellini and 1 cup of water into the instant pot.
- Set the cooking time with high pressure on 2 minutes.
- Close the lid and start cooking.
- Once the cooking is done, quickly release the pressure and drain the cooked tortellini from the excess water.
- Serve with bolognese sauce.
How To Cook Frozen Tortellini In The Oven?
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a bowl, combine one jar of pasta sauce, 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese, and frozen cheese tortellini.
- Pour everything into the baking pan oiled with a teaspoon of olive oil.
- Bake for 35 minutes, sprinkle with a little bit of parmesan cheese and bake for another 1-2 minutes.
How To Cook Frozen Tortellini In The Microwave?
- Put the frozen tortellini in a large microwave-safe dish.
- Pour enough water into the dish to cover the tortellini by 1 inch and add salt.
- Place the dish in the microwave.
- Cook on HIGH for 9-10 minutes, or until tortellini starts to float.
How To Cook Frozen Tortellini In Crock Pot?
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add 1 pound of ground beef, one diced onion, and two minced garlic cloves.
- Cook for 3-5 minutes until the beef starts getting brownish.
- Place now browned ground beef into the crockpot along with two cans of diced tomatoes two diced green chilies, and season with oregano, basil, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours, then add frozen cheese or meat tortellini and cook for another 20-25 minutes.
How To Make Frozen Tortellini Better?
You can make frozen or fresh tortellini even better by following this recipe:
- Bring 2 1/2 cups of chicken broth to a boil in a large pot.
- Add cheese tortellini and cook for about 3 minutes or until tortellini start to float.
- Drain the cooked pasta from the water.
- Whisk together 1 1/2 cups of chicken broth with two tablespoons of cornstarch.
- Melt four tablespoons of butter in a large skillet, add two minced cloves of garlic, and two teaspoons of dried basil.
- Stir well and cook for 2-3 minutes until it becomes fragrant.
- Add the broth-cornstarch mixture to the skillet, bring to a boil and cook for two more minutes or until it thickens.
- Add the cooked tortellini and cook them for 1 minute until they coat in the mixture.
- Serve hot with grated parmesan cheese and fresh basil.
How To Cook Frozen Buitoni Tortellini?
- Fill a pot or saucepan with 4 quarts of water, add one tablespoon of salt and one tablespoon of olive oil.
- Bring the water to a boil and reduce the heat to medium.
- Open the package of frozen Buitoni tortellini and boil gently for 7 minutes.
- Stir frequently.
- Drain from the excess water and serve.
How Long To Cook Frozen Tortellini In Soup?
You can cook tortellini in a soup just like you would cook it in plain boiling water. When you are cooking soup, add frozen tortellini for the last 5 minutes of cooking. As usual, you will know that the tortellini is cooked when they start to float at the top.
Here is a recipe for cooking frozen tortellini in a soup:
- Preheat a large stockpot add two tablespoons of butter and two thinly sliced carrots.
- Add three thinly sliced celery ribs and one thinly sliced onion.
- Cook for 10 minutes while stirring.
- Add two minced garlic cloves and cook for 1 minute.
- Add two containers of chicken stock.
- Let the chicken stock boil for 10 minutes and add frozen tortellini.
- Cook for 5 minutes or until the tortellini start to float.
How To Cook Frozen Beef Tortellini?
- Boil 4 quarts of water in a pot.
- Add salt and olive oil and frozen beef tortellini.
- Cook for 5-6 minutes or until the tortellini start to float on the surface.
- Drain the excess water and serve the beef tortellini with a sauce of your choice.
So, now you know how to cook frozen tortellini. Bring 4 quarts of water together with some salt and olive oil to a boil, add frozen tortellini, and cook them while stirring gently until they start floating on the surface, for 3-5 minutes.
As you can see from this article, cooking frozen pasta like frozen ravioli or frozen tortellini isn’t much different than cooking fresh or dried pasta, only the cooking time may vary. When you cook frozen pasta, it will take you 3-5 minutes until it’s done and starts floating.
If, however, you want to cook fresh or dried tortellini (or other types of pasta), fresh tortellini will take less time to cook (2-3 minutes), while dried tortellini take significantly more time (10-11 minutes).