How to cook frozen vegetables with beef bouillon? First, dissolve the beef bouillon cube in boiling water, add teriyaki sauce, soy sauce, and brown sugar. Add beef strips or ground beef to the mixture and pour it all into the saucepan. Cook and stir for 10 minutes until browned. Add frozen veggies and simmer for 7 minutes. Serve with mashed potatoes.
You can also cook frozen vegetables in a vegetable soup, as part of the stew, or as a side dish. Frozen vegetables have all of the nutrients like the fresh ones, and you don’t even have to thaw them before cooking. Cook them in hot oil or in hot water, and they will be thawed and cooked in only a few minutes.
Table of Contents
How To Cook Frozen Vegetables With Beef Bouillon?
To cook frozen vegetables with beef bouillon, try this vegetable beef soup recipe:
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil and add frozen vegetables.
- Stir gently while the vegetables slowly thaw and release their juices.
- Dissolve a beef bouillon cube in 1 cup of boiling water and add to the saucepan.
- Simmer the veggies in bouillon for 5-10 minutes until they are fully cooked.
- Dissolve 2 tablespoons of cornstarch in 1/4 cup of cold water, add it to the veggies, stir and cook for another 2 minutes
- Season with salt and pepper and serve the cooled soup garnished with chopped fresh parsley.
Instead of dissolving beef bouillon cubes in water, you can use a real beef broth, vegetable broth, or even chicken broth. However, beef bouillon cubes or beef broth are the beats choice for a hearty soup.
What Is The Best Way To Cook Frozen Vegetables?
You can cook frozen vegetables with stew meat.
- Dissolve 1 beef bouillon cube in 1/3 cup of boiling water, and add 5 tablespoons soy sauce, 1 tablespoon teriyaki sauce, 2 teaspoons brown sugar, and 2 tablespoons of cornstarch.
- Thinly slice 1 pound of beef meat (we recommend chuck roast) and add it to the mixture.
- Heat a large skillet or saucepan with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, and add the beef-sauce mixture.
- Cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add 1 package of frozen vegetables.
- Simmer for 7 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Once the vegetables are tender and the meat is fully done, remove from the heat and serve.
You can also try cooking frozen vegetables with beef bouillon in a slow cooker:
- Cut 1lb of beef meat into bite-sized cubes.
- Sear the stew meat in hot oil for 2-3 minutes and transfer it to the slow cooker.
- Add frozen veggies, 1 diced onion, 2 diced tomatoes, 1 cup of green beans, and other fresh veggies.
- Season with salt, pepper, bay leaves, and thyme.
- Pour 4 cups of beef broth, stir everything and close the lid.
- Cook on high for 4-5 hours, or on low for 8-10 hours.
If you want to cook frozen veggies with beef bouillon fast and easy, you can cook it in your instant pot:
- Cut the beef into smaller cubes and saute them in a skillet for 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer the meat to the instant pot.
- Add frozen veggies, frozen corn, diced yellow onion, diced tomato, green beans, celery, and garlic.
- Add 4 cups of beef broth, stir everything together, and season with salt, pepper, and any other seasoning of your choice (we recommend 1 tbsp of Italian seasoning).
- Cover the pot with a lid and set it to high.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes.
- Quickly release the pressure.
- Serve immediately, garnishing with chopped fresh parsley.
What Seasoning Do You Put On Frozen Vegetables?
Frozen veggies go well with many spices, salt pepper, cumin, thyme, rosemary, basil, garlic powder, smoked paprika, red pepper flakes. You can also add lemon juice or vinegar to the frozen veggies. Sauces that go well with frozen veggies are pesto, fonduta, aioli, homemade gravy, tomato sauce, soy sauce, teriyaki sauce, and many others.
What Can You Add To Frozen Vegetables?
When cooking frozen vegetables, you can add butter or olive oil to get more flavor. You can also add sour cream, cheese (cottage cheese, grated parmesan, etc.), bacon, and ham for a more savory taste. You can even experiment and add nuts, various fresh and dried herbs.
How Do You Make Boiled Frozen Vegetables Taste Good?
Before boiling frozen vegetables, you can coat them in seasonings like minced garlic (or garlic powder), salt, ground pepper, paprika, etc. Instead of cooking them in plain water, you should cook frozen vegetables in a broth (beef or chicken), because they will have a fuller taste this way.
While the vegetables are still hot from boiling, Add 1-2 tablespoons of butter or olive oil and mix. This will give the vegetables a fuller taste. Sour cream, grated or melted cheese can also help boiled vegetables taste much better.
Another important thing to keep in mind when boiling frozen vegetables is that you shouldn’t overcook them because they will become mushy and lose all the flavor. They will be cooked enough once they are tender and hot while still being full of flavor. Overcooked vegetables are bland, and they probably lost most of their vitamins through overcooking.
Now you know how to cook frozen vegetables with beef bouillon. Simply dissolve beef bouillon in hot water, add soy sauce, teriyaki sauce, salt, pepper, and thin beef slices. Cook in a saucepan for 10 minutes until the meat gets brown. Add frozen vegetables and simmer for another 7 minutes, occasionally stirring.
Frozen vegetables are an important ingredient in soup cuisine because they go so well with beef and chicken and make excellent vegetable and meat soups. They are a great source of vitamins and fibers throughout the whole year. Because of that, make sure to try out some of the great recipes from this article. Bone appetite!