How to cook frozen zucchini? The cooking process is simple, preheat the skillet over medium heat with a little bit of olive oil. Add frozen zucchini slices and season them with salt. Stir fry until they become golden brown, for about 5 minutes. Make sure that you don’t cook them for too long so that they don’t become soggy.
Zucchini is a vegetable that can be cooked in many ways and can be a part of many meals. You can put it in soups, salads, make zucchini noodles and eat them instead of pasta. You can even make zucchini bread and muffins. Even when frozen, zucchini can be cooked in many ways, so keep reading this article to learn more!
How To Cook Frozen Zucchini?
- Preheat the skillet at medium heat and oil it with olive oil.
- When the olive oil gets hot, add frozen zucchini into the skillet.
- Season it lightly with salt.
- Fry the zucchini for 5 minutes with frequent stirring.
- Serve as a side dish, or add it to a salad of your choice.
Here is a bunch of ways how to cook zucchini after you thaw it (which is a great choice – to make sure that they are not soggy):
How To Cook Frozen Zucchini Noodles?
- Preheat the nonstick skillet to medium-high heat.
- Add frozen zucchini noodles to the skillet and cover the skillet with a lid.
- Steam the frozen zucchini noodles for 5 minutes and remove them from the skillet.
- Drain the noodles in the colander.
- Add olive oil to the skillet, two thinly sliced garlic cloves, and 1/8 teaspoon of crushed pepper flakes.
- Saute everything for 1 minute.
- Return the drained zucchini noodles to the skillet, add two teaspoons of chopped fresh parsley, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook for another minute and then transfer to a serving dish.
How To Cook Frozen Zucchini In Air Fryer?
- Cut the frozen zucchini into thick slices and season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Set the air fryer to 400 degrees F.
- Spray the air fryer basket with a nonstick cooking spray.
- Place zucchini slices into the air fryer basket
- Air fry for 10-14 minutes or until brown and crispy.
How To Cook Frozen Zucchini Fries in Air Fryer?
If you wonder how to cook frozen zucchini sticks, you can make them as a healthier but equally tasty variant of potato fries. Just follow this recipe:
- First, prepare all the necessary ingredients. Make an egg wash by beating two eggs and adding two tablespoons of milk and a pinch of salt.
- Make the breadcrumb mix from 2 cups of panko breadcrumbs, six tablespoons of grated parmesan, salt, pepper, dried basil, and Italian seasoning to taste.
- In one separate bowl, pour a cup of all-purpose flour.
- Coat every frozen zucchini stick first in the flour, then in the egg wash, and then in the breadcrumb mix. Make sure that you coat each zucchini stick in a thin layer without too much excess. coating
- Place coated zucchini stick onto the baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Let it sit in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees F.
- Spray the air fryer basket with nonstick cooking oil.
- Carefully place zucchini sticks into the air fryer basket. If necessary, fry them in several batches to avoid overcrowding.
- Air fry for 6 minutes, then flips the zucchini fries and air fry for another 6 minutes.
How To Cook Frozen Zucchini Noodles For Spaghetti?
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F.
- Spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray and add frozen zucchini noodles.
- Air fry the frozen zucchini noodles for 8 minutes.
- Serve them instead of spaghetti with pesto or bolognese sauce.
How To Cook Frozen Zucchini Slices?
- Just like in one of the previous paragraphs, prepare all-purpose flour in one bowl, egg wash in another bowl, and breadcrumb mix in the third bowl.
- Preheat the frying pan to medium-high heat and oil it with vegetable or olive oil.
- Dip every zucchini slice in the flour first, then in the egg wash, and then in the breadcrumb mix.
- Place coated zucchini slices in the frying pan with now hot oil.
- Fry for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Remove each zucchini slice from the heat when cooked and place it on the plate lined with a paper towel to collect the excess grease.
How To Cook Frozen Zucchini Boats?
- Cut zucchini in half lengthwise and scoop out all the seeds and spongy parts with a spoon. The remaining zucchini will now resemble a boat.
- Season it lightly with salt.
- In a large skillet, stir fry 1lb of ground pork or beef with one diced onion, one chopped carrot, and season it with salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper powder.
- Fry the meat until it is fully cooked and brown.
- Fill 2/3 of a large pot with water and bring it to a boil.
- Place zucchini halves into the boiling water and cook 2-3 minutes to soften them.
- Remove the zucchinis from the pot and drain them.
- Fill every zucchini boat with cooked ground meat and place them on the baking sheet.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- If you want, you can sprinkle grated parmesan 5 minutes before the end of the cooking so that it melts nicely all over the meat and zucchini.
- Let the zucchini boats cool a bit before serving.
How To Cook Frozen Zucchini Noodles Without Getting Soggy?
To avoid soggy zucchini noodles, you should cook them frozen without defrosting them first. Don’t overcook them (5 minutes of cooking is enough). If you cook them in boiling water, don’t cover the pot with a lid. No matter how you cook them, don’t overcrowd zucchini noodles. If needed, cook them in several batches instead.
How To Cook Frozen Zucchini In The Oven?
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray the baking sheet with vegetable oil or nonstick cooking spray.
- Place sliced or shredded zucchini on the baking sheet.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover the baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
Can You Cook Zucchini That Has Been Frozen?
You can cook frozen zucchini just like you would cook fresh zucchini. Frozen zucchini is usually blanched or pre-cooked, so you won’t have to cook it much longer than the fresh zucchini.
Do You Thaw Frozen Zucchini Before Cooking?
You can thaw frozen zucchini before cooking, but thawed zucchini tends to be soft and mushy, so if you prefer your zucchini to be crisp and firm, it is advised that you don’t thaw it.
Is Frozen Zucchini As Good As Fresh?
Frozen squash is just as good as the fresh one. You need to store it properly, and it will be good for use for up to 3 months!
You can easily freeze zucchini. Just chop or grate it first. Then, blanch it shortly in boiling water. Drain from the excess water, let cool, and place in plastic freezer bags. After you freeze the grated zucchini, try to use it in the next three months.
Now you know how to cook frozen zucchini. Preheat the skillet over medium to medium-high heat and add two tablespoons of olive oil. Place frozen zucchini slices into the skillet and stir fry them for 5 minutes or until golden brown. Season with salt and pepper.