How To Cook Hy Vee Twice Baked Potatoes?
How to cook Hy Vee twice-baked potatoes? Simply preheat the oven to 350 degrees F, place thawed potato halves onto the baking sheet, and bake them for 30 minutes, or until their internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
Hy Vee twice-baked potatoes are potatoes that were cut in half lengthwise and baked. Their inside got scooped out with a spoon until almost only the potato skin was left. The scooped potato insides were made into mashed potatoes. Then, the potato skins were stuffed with mashed potatoes, cheese, bacon, and fresh chives (optionally).
Keep reading this article to find some great Hy Vee recipes and ideas! With these recipes, you will find many ways to love Hy Vee potatoes and enjoy their taste!
How To Cook Hy Vee Twice Baked Potatoes?
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line the baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- Place the thawed potatoes onto the baking sheet.
- Bake them in the oven for 30 minutes or until they reach 165 degrees F.
- You can also bake them from frozen, but then you will need to bake them for 1 hour at 350 degrees F.
- Serve with sour cream or sprinkle with grated cheese.
if you would like to make the twice-baked potatoes yourself, here is how can you do it, it is pretty simple!
How To Cook Hy Vee Twice Baked Potatoes In Air Fryer?
You will want to pin this recipe on your kitchen wall because you will make it so often once you see how simple it is!
- Bake 4 potato halves in the oven like in the previous paragraphs.
- Let the baked potatoes cool for a bit, then use a spoon to scoop out their insides until you have potato shells.
- While you are scooping the insides, place them in a bowl.
- Mix the scooped insides with 2 tablespoons of sour cream, 1 tablespoon butter, 1/4 cup cheddar cheese.
- Spoon this mixture back to the potato shells and top the potatoes with bacon bits and 1/4 cup cheddar.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F.
- Place the potatoes into the air fryer basket.
- Cook for 8 minutes.
How To Cook Hy Vee Stuffed Baked Potatoes?
I saw this recipe on Facebook the other day and had to share it. It is perfect for when you don’t have much time but still want to enjoy a delicious meal.
- In a bowl, mix 2 tablespoons of sour cream, 1 tablespoon of butter, 1/2 cup of grated gouda cheese, and 2 finely chopped bacon slices.
- Fill each Hy Vee potato with this mixture.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Lay filled potatoes on the parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
Can You Cook Twice Baked Potatoes In Air Fryer?
You can safely cook twice-baked potatoes in the air fryer. Simply preheat the air fryer to 350-400 degrees F and cook the potatoes for 8-10 minutes.
However, if you are cooking them from frozen, you should air fry them for 27 minutes at 320 degrees F. This way, they will gradually thaw and reheat.
How To Cook Hy Vee Baked Potatoes?
Hy Vee baked potatoes are the best when cooked in the oven at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes, but you can also cook them in the air fryer at 400 degrees F for 8 minutes, and you can even cook them in the microwave.
- Place thawed Hy Vee baked potatoes on a microwave-safe dish.
- Microwave uncovered for 2-3 minutes on High.
- If unsure if your potatoes got heated enough, use a food thermometer to check the internal temperature. If it’s at least 165 degrees F, your Hy Vee baked potatoes are fully done and ready to serve.
How Do You Reheat A Loaded Baked Potato?
One recipe on Pinterest suggests that the best way to reheat a loaded baked potato (or any other food in general) is to use the same method you did when you originally cooked it. So, if you initially cooked this potato in the oven, you should reheat it in the oven, or if you cooked it in the air fryer, you should reheat it in the air fryer.
How Long Do You Cook Store Bought Twice Baked Potatoes?
The cooking time for store-bought twice-baked potato depends on the cooking temperature, method of cooking, and whether you are cooking frozen or thawed potato.
In general, you will need to cook thawed twice-baked potato in the oven for 30 minutes at 350 degrees F. If it’s still frozen, you will need to cook it for 1 hour. If you increase the cooking temperature, the cooking time will decrease, so at 375 degrees F, you will need 20 minutes to cook a thawed potato and 40-45 minutes to cook a frozen potato.
An air fryer will need 8 minutes to cook thawed potato at 400 degrees F, and twice as long for frozen potato.
Can You Freeze Hy Vee Twice Baked Potatoes?
You can freeze Hy Vee twice-baked potatoes after you cook them. First, allow them to cool completely. Then individually wrap each one of them in plastic wrap and place them in the freezer. This way, they will be good to eat up to 3 months.
Pro tip: after wrapping each one of them in plastic foil, place them all together in a plastic container and label the container with the date of freezing. This way, you will always know whether they are still safe to eat or not.
So, now you know how to cook Hy Vee twice-baked potatoes. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Place the potatoes onto the baking sheet lined with aluminum foil or parchment paper. If cooking directly from the freezer, you will need 1 hour to fully bake them. If cooking thawed, 30 minutes of cooking time will be enough.
Hy Vee twice-baked potatoes are already cooked, so keep in mind that you are only reheating them. However, you will still need to cook them as explained in this post, to make sure you fully reheat them. Read our other posts for nutrition tips, fun recipes, and serving ideas!