How to cook jade pearl rice? Cook it for 20 minutes with 5 minutes steaming. For more details, read my post below! (Don’t rinse it!)
Table of Contents
How To Cook Jade Pearl Rice?
Do you want to know how to cook jade pearl rice? You’ve come to the right place! Just put two cups of water and one cup of jade pearl rice into a saucepan. Bring it to a boil and stir it once. Put the heat on low and let it cook, covered, for 15-2o minutes. Jade rice is also traditionally steamed at the end for about 5 minutes.
How To Cook Jade Pearl Rice In Rice Cooker?
- Do not rinse it.
- Put the rice and water inside the cooker. The water to rice ratio is 2:1.
- Cook in rice cooker until done and is rice soft for around 20 minutes.
- Steam the rice for 5 minutes after you’ve cooked it if your rice cooker does not have a steam option.
How To Prepare Organic Jade Pearl Rice?
You do not need much to prepare jade pearl rice. You won’t need to soak or rinse the rice at all. Jade pearl rice is also known as bamboo rice. This is because rice is infused with bamboo extract, so rinsing will take that away.
How To Cook Jade Green Pearl Rice?
Cooking jade pearl rice is super simple. You should not rinse the rice. You can start by soaking the rice for 20-30 minutes (if you want this extra step).
Jade pearl rice produces a green color which is normal and should stay on the rice. Combine 2 cups of water and 1 cup of organic jade pearl bamboo rice in a saucepan. Add salt. Let it cook for 15-20 minutes. Once it is done cooking, continue to steam it covered for 5-10 minutes.
Should I Rinse Organic Jade Pearl Rice?
No! You should not rinse organic jade pearl rice. Jade rice is infused with bamboo extract, and rinsing will remove the light green color and infused bamboo. It will alter the jade pearl rice taste.
What Is Jade Pearl Rice Used For?
Jade rice is used for many different recipes and dishes, including appetizers or side dishes. Below are a few popular dishes that you can use this bamboo-infused rice for. You can use it:
- as sushi rice;
- rice pudding;
- sushi rolls;
- Asian style risotto;
- in anything that needs a sticky rice base;
- colorful sushi rolls, because of the light green color;
- It even can be used for fried rice!
How Long Do I Cook California Pearl Rice?
You should cook California pearl rice for about 15-20 minutes on medium heat. It’s also traditionally steamed for 5 minutes once it is cooked. So the total cooking time would be upwards of 20-25 minutes.
Jasmine Rice vs. Jade Rice
Some may compare jasmine rice to pearl rice, but there are differences:
- To start, you typically wash jasmine rice, but you do not wash pearl rice.
- Pearl rice is also short-grain rice, while jasmine rice is long-grain rice.
- Jasmine rice is drier and not as sticky, while pearl rice has a sticky and compact consistency.
- You typically cook jasmine rice, not steam it. While for jade rice, you will steam it for a few minutes once it is fully cooked.
Why Pearl Rice?
Pearl rice has a sticky yet fluffy texture compared to jasmine rice, white rice, and brown rice.
It is the perfect rice for sushi rolls and other meals because it is perfectly sticky. Jade rice is an excellent option for certain dishes even compared to perfectly cooked jasmine rice. Plus, jade rice is gluten-free.
Now you know how to cook pearl rice! 2 cups of water for each cup of rice, cook for around 20 minutes, and steam for roughly 5.