Lamb’s breast is a classic dish, ideal for special occasions. So how to cook lamb breast? To make a juicy roasted lamb breast in the oven, simply preheat your oven to 350° F, place your lamb breast on a cutting board, and season it with olive oil and your favorite rub (you can make your rub with spices like sage, thyme, cumin or get an already mixed rub from your grocery store).
Let the lamb rest for 10 minutes, then move the lamb meat on a roasting pan, fat side up. Roast the lamb for 2 hours or until cooked as you desired doneness. Serve with mashed potatoes and enjoy!
For further tips on how to roast lamb breasts and to discover some of my favorite lamb breast recipes, just keep reading!
How to cook roasted lamb breast in the oven?
One of my Sunday’s favorite meals is roasted lamb breast: such a classic lamb main course for holidays and so many recipes for cooking it!
Here’s my roasted lamb breast recipe with little prep time:
1. Preheat oven at 350 degrees F
2. In a large bowl, mix olive oil, salt, freshly ground black pepper, cumin, dried Italian herbs (such as sage, thyme, oregano, rosemary), ground cinnamon, coriander, paprika, and one teaspoon of ground garlic.
3. Coat the lamb breast with this olive oil and spices mixture, then place the lamb meat on a roasting pan and roast
4. Cover the roasting pan with aluminum foil and roast the lamb in the preheated oven at 350 degrees F for about 2 hours
5. Once the lamb meat is soft, remove the roasted lamb breast from the oven and cut it into four pieces.
6. Increase oven temperature to 450 degrees F and bake the lamb
7. Place the lamb breast on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil and brush each piece of lamb meat with the fat drippings from the pan
8. Bake the lamb breast for about 20 minutes, until it gets golden and crispy, then brown lamb for 4 minutes by increasing the oven’s broiler.
9. Remove the lamb from the oven, and your lamb breast recipe is done! Top your delicious roasted lamb breast with fresh parsley, serve with mashed potatoes, and get ready to eat your meal. Bon appétit!
What temperature should lamb breast be cooked to?
To make a juicy roasted lamb breast, you should cook lamb breasts at 350° F in the oven and at around 300° F on the grill.
Cook time may vary depending on the recipes you want to try and the desired meat doneness you’re craving.
How do you cook lamb to make it tender?
To make your roasted lamb breast tender and tasty, you can follow one of my lamb recipes. Here is my favorite trick:
When you’re making a roasted lamb breast recipe, brush your lamb meat with olive oil and then with its fat drippings to keep the meat moist. You can also wrap the roasted lamb breast in foil and place it on a plate before serving to keep the meat juicy.
How long do you cook the breast of lamb in the oven?
A tender and flavorful lamb roast is the perfect choice for a delicious meal on festive occasions.
Roasted lamb breast should take from 2 hours to 3 hours: cook time may vary, depending on the doneness you desire. Besides your taste preferences, always check the internal temperature of your roasted lamb breast: well-cooked lamb breasts should reach 145° for food safety.
How can you cook lamb breast on the grill?
One of my favorite dinner recipes is grilled lamb breast: so tasty and juicy! This is my best lamb breast recipe for grilling:
1. Place your lamb breast on a cutting board or baking sheet, then pat and dry your lamb breast with paper towels
2. Coat the lamb breast with a drizzle of olive oil and prepare all the spices for the rub: salt, black pepper, smoked paprika, one teaspoon of ground garlic, cumin, sage, thyme, rosemary.
3. Massage the rub and make sure that you cover every bit of lamb meat in your spice mixture. Let the seasoned lamb breast rest for at least an hour: this prep time will ensure your lamb breast is flavorful and with a delicious taste.
4. Set up your grill and start cooking your lamb breast. Start at the lower temperature, around 300° F, and cook for 20 minutes on each side
5. Place lamb pieces in foil and then move the cooked lamb breast on a plate to rest for 10 minutes. Serve your crispy lamb breast hot and eat immediately!
How do you cook lamb breast in a Crockpot or Instant Pot?
We all know that slow cooking makes the most tender, tasty, and juicy meat ever, but it also requires a lot of caring and attention. That’s why cooking lamb breast in an Instant Pot or Crockpot can be a real lifesaver!
Here’s how you make my finger-licking lamb breast recipe!
1. Season the lamb breast with salt, ground black pepper, your favorite spices, and one teaspoon of ground garlic
2. Place sliced onions on the bottom of your slow cooker along with sage and rosemary
3. Top with the lamb breast and mix.
4. Cook for 5 hours or until your lamb is tender yet still fatty.
What cut is the breast of lamb?
Lamb’s breasts are a less expensive cut of meat since they are fatty and can get quite tough if not cooked properly. Lamb’s breast is obtained from the belly of the lamb, and it usually has rib bones still attached to it.
One of the best lamb recipes requires a roasting pan, a marinade with lots of spices, and one teaspoon of onion powder and a couple of hours in the oven!
Is lamb breast the same as lamb ribs?
As for many different animals, a popular cut from lamb is a rib. Lamb’s ribs are obtained from the side of the lamb, making cuts between the bones to get fatty and individual ribs.
Lamb ribs, like pork ribs, are deliciously tasty and juicy when cooked on the grill or braised.
Now you know how to cook lamb breast! It can be very simple, add rosemary, a bit of garlic, olive oil, salt, and pepper, rub it all in, and put into a preheated oven at 350F for around 2 hours, or depending on the size of the lamb breast!