How to cook pre-cooked lobster? First, if you plan to cook frozen pre-cooked lobster meat, you need to thaw it in the refrigerator overnight. The next day, boil 6 cups of water in a large stockpot and place the pre-cooked thawed lobster meat into the stockpot. If you are cooking shucked lobster meat, it will take 2-3 minutes to cook it fully. However, if it’s still in a shell, you will need to cook it for at least 7-10 minutes.
Since pre-cooked lobster meat is no longer raw, this article will basically teach you how to heat cooked lobster meat that was frozen or in the fridge. However, even though it sounds like a very simple task, you still need to be precautious to cook lobster evenly and well enough so that it becomes safe for consumption.
How To Cook Pre-Cooked Lobster?
- The day before you plan to cook it, put the frozen lobster meat into the refrigerator overnight to thaw.
- Fill a large stockpot with 6 cups of water and add some sea salt.
- Bring the water to a boil.
- Add lobster meat to the boiling water.
- If you are cooking shucked lobster meat, it will be done in 2 minutes. If it is still in the shell, you will need to cook it for 7-10 minutes at least. You will know that it’s cooked when the shell becomes bright red and the meat opaque and firm.
- In a saucepan, melt one or more butter sticks and pour melted butter on a plate.
- Remove the cooked lobster from the water and drain it in the colander.
- Place the now drained lobster meat on the plate with melted butter and serve with lemon wedges.
Alternatively, yo can just pan fry it!
How To Steam Pre-Cooked Lobster?
- Place a steaming rack into the large pot and pour enough water almost to touch the steaming rack.
- Add two tablespoons of salt to the water, and bring the water to a boil.
- Place the lobster into the steaming rack and cover the pot with a lid.
- Cook for 9 minutes or until the lobster gets thoroughly cooked.
How To cook Pre-Cooked Lobster Claws?
Lobster claws are perfect for making lobster rolls, lobster salad, or even lobster sauce. You can reheat lobster claws that have already been cooked in an oven.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Wrap the lobster claws in aluminum foil.
- Place the lobster claws into the oven-safe dish.
- Bake for 10 minutes, remove from the oven and serve with olive oil and lemon juice.
If you can’t eat all of the lobster claws you made, you can reheat leftover lobster claws in the oven again.
How To cook Pre-Cooked Lobster Tails?
- Thaw frozen lobster tails in the fridge overnight.
- Place lobster tail meat in an oven-safe container, add some butter or even lobster stock, and cover everything tightly with foil.
- Place the tightly covered container into the oven.
- Cook for 10 minutes.
How To cook Pre-Cooked Lobster In Oven?
You can reheat already cooked frozen lobster using the oven method.
- Thaw frozen lobster in the fridge overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the lobster in the baking dish, butter it, and foil-wrap.
- Put the lobster into the oven and cook for 10-15 minutes.
How To cook Pre-Cooked Lobster On BBQ?
There is another way to reheat frozen lobster – grilling.
- Thaw frozen lobster overnight in the fridge.
- Preheat the grill to low heat.
- Brush the lobster meat with butter, lemon, salt, and pepper.
- Place lobsters onto the grill with meat side down.
- Cook until the internal temperature in the lobster reaches 180 degrees F.
How To cook Pre-Cooked Lobster From Frozen?
You can cook pre-cooked lobster directly from frozen. It will only take 10-20% more cooking time to get fully done than the fresh or thawed pre-cooked lobster. However, when you cook pre-cooked lobster meat from frozen, very often the meat sticks to the shell, and it gets really hard to separate, which doesn’t happen if you thaw the lobster first.
How Do You cook Pre-Cooked Shelled Lobster?
You can cook even the whole lobster that’s still in the shell. It will take more time to cook than the shucked lobster meat, but it can be a simple process if you follow these steps:
- Thaw the whole lobster in the fridge overnight.
- Wrap shelled lobster with aluminum foil, but first, brush it with melted butter or olive oil.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the wrapped lobster into the baking dish and then into the preheated oven.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Serve the whole cooked lobster with lemon wedges and rosemary branches.
How Long Do You Cook Pre-Cooked Lobster For On 350?
Depending on the size of the lobster, you will need 10 to 15 minutes to reheat cooked lobster in the oven.
Now you know how to cook pre-cooked lobster! Pre-cooked lobsters can easily be reheated by placing them into the pot with boiling water and then cooking them for about 10 minutes, or until their shells become bright red and meat opaque and firm. If you cook shucked pre-cooked lobsters, the cooking time will be even shorter. You can also cook pre-cooked lobster in the oven or even on the grill!
Also, it is worth mentioning that you can easily pre-cook fresh lobster meat and freeze it for later. Pre-cooked lobster freezes really well. You need first to cook the fresh lobster meat in the boiling water until it gets half-cooked. Place it in the cold water for 3-4 minutes, and then drain well. Place the lobster meat into the freezer bag and put it into the freezer. Cook it in the next 2-3 months!