Wondering how to cook sinigang na bangus? Simply pour your cooking pot with water, and boil tomatoes, onions, peppers, and add milkfish. Cook for approximately 30 minutes. For more details – read the post below!
Sinigang na Bangus is a sour soup with a fresh taste of Bangus fish (also known as a milkfish), peppers, tomatoes, and onions. Its sour, distinctive taste is what makes sinigang na bangus one of the favorite Filipino dishes. Bangus fish is regarded as a national fish of the Philipines, and sinigang na bangus means tamarind broth. Keep reading for more interesting information
How to cook sinigang na bangus?
There are several recipes for this sour broth dish, but this sinigang na bangus recipe is our favorite. If you are new to the kitchen but you want to make a great meal for the whole family, this sinigang na bangus recipe is perfect for you as it’s simple, easy to make, and done in under 40 minutes!
To cook Sinigang na Bangus, you will need the following ingredients:
- 2 lbs of clean and sliced bangus fish
- 1 cup of tamarind juice
- 1 pack of Knorr Sinigang Mix (Original) (40g)
- Fresh kangkong leaves
- 1 1/2 cup string beans
- 6-8 pieces of okra
- 2 long green peppers
- 1 wedged onion
- 2 1/2 tablespoons of fish sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground pepper
- 2 quarts water
When you gather all the necessary ingredients, you can start with cooking.
- Pour water into the cooking pot and heat it
- Add onion and tomato and let them boil for a bit
- Add bangus and tamarind juice. Cook for 8-12 minutes until the fish is half cooked
- Take Knorr Sinigang mix and add it gently to the boiling water, stir and cook for another 2 minutes
- Add string beans, green peppers, and okra and cook for another 7 minutes
- Add fish sauce and ground pepper
- Add kangkong leaves, cover the pot, and turn off the heat. Let it sit for 5 minutes
- Serve this sour broth in the bowl and eat it while it’s still warm.
Some other recipes recommend adding ginger, radish, and other ingredients.
Now you know now how to cook sinigang na bangus. Essentially, you just have to boil sinigang na bangus recipe ingredients (milkfish, and vegetables) and add some fish sauce and ground pepper. Let it sit for a few minutes.
If you like sour taste, this sinigang na bangus recipe will soon become one of your favorite dishes! Especially since it can be cooked fast feed the whole family. How about you, how do you make this meal? Feel free to post your own version of the recipe sinigang na bangus!