How To Cook Smoked Turkey Necks?
How to cook smoked turkey necks? The simplest way to cook smoked turkey necks is to fill the pot with water and bring the water to a boil. Add the smoked turkey necks and reduce heat to medium-high. Cook for 30 minutes.
However, there are many other great smoked turkey neck recipes that you need to try. Smoked turkey necks taste the best when cooked with vegetables and some nice seasonings. Keep reading this article to learn more!
How To Cook Smoked Turkey Necks?
- Dice 1 onion into half rings and cut two carrots into large pieces.
- Heat a large, oiled skillet over medium heat.
- Cook smoked turkey necks in the skillet until they become slightly browned for about 10 minutes.
- Remove the necks from the skillet, and add diced onions and chopped carrots.
- Cook until the onions start getting brown.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- in a baking tray, place cooked turkey necks, onion, and carrots.
- Season them with kosher salt and black pepper.
- Add one cup of water or chicken broth.
- Cover with a lid or aluminum foil and bake for 1.5 hours.
- Serve with mashed potatoes.
How To Cook Smoked Turkey Necks In The Oven?
You can cook turkey necks in the oven without cooking them in a skillet first.
- In one bowl, season the turkey necks with salt, pepper, garlic powder, or minced garlic, finely chopped one onion, and red pepper flakes. Drizzle them with vegetable or olive oil, and let them sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place the turkey necks into the oven.
- Cook for 1.5 hours, flipping them halfway through the cooking time.
How To Cook Smoked Turkey Necks For Greens?
This recipe combines delicious smoked turkey necks with collard greens.
- Remove collard green leaves from the stems and wash them thoroughly from dirt.
- You can also salt them and leave them in a bowl for half an hour to reduce the grit.
- In a large saucepan, saute one chopped onion with two minced garlic cloves and a tablespoon of olive oil for 2-3 minutes.
- Add 3 cups of chicken broth, kosher salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, and turkey necks.
- Bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 20-30 minutes.
- Add collard greens and cover.
- Simmer for another 45 minutes.
How To Cook Smoked Turkey Necks And Cabbage?
- Cut one cabbage head into strips.
- In a large pot, melt 2-3 tablespoons of butter.
- Add one chopped onion and cook until it becomes semi-translucent.
- Add two minced garlic cloves and cook until they become fragrant.
- Pour 2 cups of chicken broth and add smoked turkey necks.
- Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add cabbage and stir.
- Cook until the cabbage is soft and tender.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve.
How To Cook Smoked Turkey Necks In A Slow Cooker?
- Place 2lb turkey necks, one chopped onion, three chopped garlic cloves, salt, and dried thyme leaves into the crock-pot.
- Add 2 cups of water, close the lid, and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Serve with finely chopped green onions.
How To Cook Smoked Turkey Necks And Green Beans?
- Chop one onion and two strips of pork bacon and fry them in a large oiled pot for 2-3 minutes.
- Add 2 cups of chicken broth and turkey necks.
- Cover the pot with a lid and boil for 1 hour.
- Add the green beans, and add some water if needed.
- Cook for another 1.5 hours or until green beans become fully cooked.
- Season with salt, pepper, thyme, and cayenne pepper.
How To Cook Already Smoked Turkey Necks?
Unlike fresh turkey necks, smoked turkey necks are pre-cooked while being smoked. However, to avoid them being tough, it is best to boil smoked turkey necks so that they become soft. When smoked turkey necks are fully cooked, meat should fall off the bone.
How Do I Cook Store-Bought Smoked Turkey Necks?
Simply cook them in boiling water until they become soft and the meat falls off the bone. However, be careful with seasonings, as store-bought smoked turkey meat can be already salted and seasoned.
How Long Does It Take For Smoked Turkey Necks To Get Tender?
Smoked turkey necks can be tough and chewy when not cooked for long enough. For tender smoked turkey necks, cook them for at least 1 hour in boiling water or 1.5 hours in the oven. When cooked enough, the meat will fall off the bones.
How Do You Eat Smoked Turkey Neck?
Smoked turkey necks go exceptionally well with collard greens, beans, rice, potatoes, and other vegetables. Recommended spices are salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, thyme, red pepper flakes, and garlic powder.
How Do You Clean Smoked Turkey Necks?
When you prepare turkey necks, it is important that you wash them for at least 20 seconds in lukewarm water to remove potentially harmful bacteria.
So, now you know how to cook smoked turkey necks. The easiest way is to cook them for 1-1.5 hours in boiling water or chicken broth. You can also cook smoked turkey necks in the oven for 1.5 hours and serve them with vegetables such as collard greens, green beans, spinach, cooked carrots, mashed potatoes, cooked rice, etc.
Smoked turkey necks are a great source of dark meat and a healthy replacement for chicken necks. When cooked properly, they are a true delicacy. They are especially popular in southern cuisine, and in this article, we brought you several most popular recipes for cooking smoked turkey necks. What’s your favorite turkey neck recipe? Write in the comments!