How to cook stingray? In a large pot, add stingray wing, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and enough water or broth to cover the stingray wing. Simmer for 30 minutes. Remove the stingray from the water. Peel off the skin and cut the flesh into bite-size pieces. Drizzle with olive oil and more lemon juice, and serve.
If you plan to cook stingray meat that is frozen, you will need to thaw it first in the fridge overnight. For more stingray recipes, read this article!
How To Cook Stingray?
- In a large pot, place a stingray wing.
- Add salt, pepper, and other seasonings you like.
- Pour enough water or broth to cover the stingray wing.
- If you want, you can add a bit of lemon or lime juice.
- Simmer for 30 minutes over medium heat.
- Remove the now cooked stingray from the pot and peel off the skin.
- Cut the remaining meat into smaller, bite-sized pieces.
- Drizzle with olive oil and lemon juice, and add more seasonings if you like it more seasoned.
Here is a simple video on how to cook a wing from ray-type fish.
How To Cook Stingray Fish?
- Cut the raw stingray fillets into smaller, disk-shaped pieces.
- Preheat a frying pan or a skillet with three tablespoons of olive or vegetable oil.
- In one bowl, put breadcrumbs, and in another bowl, beat egg.
- Dip each piece of stingray meat in the beaten egg and then in the bowl with breadcrumbs.
- Fry until golden brown with frequent flipping, for 4-5 minutes.
How To Cook Stingray Meat?
- Set broiler at low to medium heat.
- In a small bowl, combine melted butter and lemon juice.
- Cover the broiler pan with aluminum foil and brush with melted butter-lemon juice mixture.
- Don’t use all of the melted butter-lemon juice mixtures.
- Season the stingray meat with salt, pepper, garlic powder, parsley, and paprika.
- Place the stingray meat onto the broiler pan and broil for 10 minutes.
- Brush the meat with the remaining melted butter-lemon juice mixture and sprinkle with paprika.
How To Cook Stingray With Coconut Milk?
- In a large pot, place a stingray, add one tablespoon of salt and pour enough water to barely cover the stingray meat.
- Bring to a boil and cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove the stingray from the water, drain with a colander and set it aside to cool down a bit.
- Once cooled, flake the stingray meat.
- In a wok, saute one large thinly sliced onion in 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Add one thumb-sized finely chopped ginger, five minced garlic cloves, and five small chilies, chopped together with seeds.
- Stir and cook everything until fragrant.
- Add 2 cups of coconut milk and bring it to a boil.
- Add stingray flakes and stir everything well together.
- Cover and simmer for 7 minutes.
- Serve with fish sauce and freshly ground black pepper.
How To Cook Stingray In Air Fryer?
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F.
- Season the stingray meat with salt and pepper and wrap it in aluminum foil, but not too tightly.
- Place the wrapped stingray meat into the air fryer basket.
- Air fry for 10 minutes. You can flip fish halfway through the cooking time, but it will be fine even if you don’t.
How To Cook Stingray Fillet?
- Place two stingray fillets into a shallow pan and cover with water.
- Set the heat to medium-high.
- Once the water starts to boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- While simmering the stingray fillets in a small saucepan, melt butter until it turns golden brown.
- Add three tablespoons of dried capers and two tablespoons of vinegar to the melted butter and heat until it starts to bubble.
- Remove the stingray fillets from the water, drain them with colander if needed and place them on the serving plate.
- Pour melted butter with capers over them and eat.
How To Cook Stingray Curry?
- Heat a medium-sized saucepan over low heat and add one tablespoon of olive oil.
- Add tamarind paste and cook it in oil for 15 minutes until it becomes fragrant.
- Add one finely chopped ginger flower bud and sliced stingray meat.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
How To Cook Stingray Sambal?
- First, you need to make a sambal.
- In a blender, combine 1/2 cup of water, 10-12 garlic cloves, 8-10 peeled shallots, one coarsely chopped piece of ginger, lemongrass, two teaspoons of fish paste, one tablespoon of tamarind paste, two tablespoons of light brown sugar, 1/4 cup of raw peanuts, 1/2 cup of dried shrimps, and 1/2 cup of dried chilies.
- Blend the ingredients until finely chopped but not smooth.
- Heat the frying pan with one tablespoon of olive oil and add blended sambal.
- Cook while stirring frequently and adding one tablespoon of water at a time.
- Continue cooking until it looks moist.
- Sprinkle the stingray with salt and spread a thin layer of sambal on one side of the stingray.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high.
- Place one banana leaf on the grill.
- Place the stingray on the banana leaf with the sambal side facing upwards.
- Cook for 8 minutes and remove your sambal stingray from the heat.
- Repeat the process with new banana leaves if you have more fillets.
- Serve with onion slices and cilantro.
How To Cook Stingray Flaps?
- Season the stingray flaps with salt and pepper and wrap them in foil.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place the stingray flaps into the baking tray and in the oven.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
How To Cook Stingray Wings?
- Season the stingray wing with salt and pepper.
- In a frying pan, heat one tablespoon of butter with one tablespoon of olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Fry the stingray wing on now side for 4-5 minutes, then flip it and fry the other side until golden brown, for another 4-5 minutes.
- Serve on the plate lined with a paper towel to collect the excess oil.
Is Stingray Good Eating?
You can eat stingray, and it is good eating. As you can see from this article, there are many great recipes for cooking a stingray.
How Long Do You Cook Stingray?
Depending on the temperature and the way you cook it, you will need between 10 and 25 minutes to cook the stingray. Once cooked, stingray meat will be soft.
What Does Stingray Meat Taste Like?
When it comes to taste, some people compare stingray meat to shark meat, but others say the taste of the stingray meat is a combination of lobster and fish taste.
How Do You Prepare Fresh Caught Stingrays?
You can prepare a stingray that was freshly caught following one of the above recipes.
Now you know how to cook stingray. The easiest way is to cook it in boiling water for 30 minutes. You can add lemon juice, salt, and pepper to the water. After cooking, peel off the skin and cut the meat into smaller pieces. Drizzle with olive oil and more lemon juice.
If you want to prepare delicious dinners or lunches from the stingray meat for the whole family, consider trying these recipes!