How To Cook Tocino?
How to cook tocino? The easiest way to cook tocino is to preheat a pan over medium heat and add tocino with some water. Simmer until the water evaporates and add oil. Turn every few minutes while tocino fries in the oil. Fry until it gets cooked and brown. Serve with chopped tomatoes.
Tocino is a Filipino dish, cured pork belly (or bacon), marinated in a mixture of garlic powder, granulated sugar, pineapple juice, regular or pink curing salt, and black pepper. Other ingredients can also be added, and this article will teach you how to prepare and cook this sweet and spicy Filipino food.
How To Cook Tocino?
You can cook store-bought Tocino, or you can make your homemade tocino. To do so, follow this homemade pork tocino recipe:
- In a glass bowl, combine 1/4 cup of granulated white sugar, 3/4 tablespoon of salt, 1 tablespoon of garlic powder, 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper, and 1/2 teaspoon of annatto powder or red food coloring.
- When you mix all the ingredients, add 1/4 cup of 100 pineapple juice and stir until completely mixed.
- Add lb of pork belly or bacon and stir everything again until the meat is coated in marinade.
- Cover with the lid or see-through foil and let marinate in the fridge for at least 8 hours.
Now, let’s start cooking tocino:
- Preheat a pan over medium heat setting.
- Add 3/4 cups of water and marinated tocino (or 1 package if you are cooking store-bought tocino).
- Simmer until the water is almost completely evaporated.
- Add 3 tablespoons of oil and continue frying.
- Turn every few minutes to avoid burning.
- Continue cooking until you reach the desired level of crispiness.
How To Cook Tocino With Oil?
- Place the frying pan on the stovetop and add 3 tablespoons of cooking oil.
- Heat over medium heat, and once the oil gets hot, add tocino.
- Fry until tocino gets brown, crispy, and caramelized.
How To Cook Tocino CDO?
- Cut 1lb of CDO tocino into irregular pieces.
- Preheat the frying pan with 3 tablespoons of oil on the stovetop.
- Fry CDO tocino until brown, crispy, and caramelized.
- Serve with fried egg, diced tomato, sliced cucumber, and vinegar dip.
How To Cook Tocino In Air Fryer?
- Preheat the air fryer to 360 degrees F.
- Cut tocino into small pieces and place it into the air fryer.
- Air fry for 10 minutes, shaking the air fryer basket halfway through the cooking time.
- Serve tocino pork slices while hot.
How To Cook Tocino Roll?
- In a small bowl, batter 1-2 eggs.
- Preheat the frying pan with 3-4 tablespoons of cooking oil.
- Cut tocino roll into thin slices.
- Dip each slice into the battered egg.
- Fry tocino roll slices in the hot oil for 2-3 minutes, until the egg batter cooks fully.
How To Cook Tocino Without Oil?
You can cook tocino without oil in a pan with water. Cook until the water evaporates. If you want to cook tocino bit longer, you can add more water.
How To Cook Tocino Without Burning?
The easiest way to avoid burning tocino while cooking is to cook it in the water over medium to medium-low heat until the water evaporates. Then, add oil and cook until tocino becomes crispy and caramelized.
How To Cook Tocino In Oven?
This pork tocino recipe will teach you how to cook tocino in the oven. Simply follow these steps:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line the baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- Place tocino meat onto the baking sheet.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until tocino becomes brown and crispy.
How To Cook Tocino In Rice Cooker?
- Place tocino meat along with marinade into the rice cooker. Add 2 tablespoons of water and 3 tablespoons of oil.
- Set the rice cooker to medium-high heat and close the lid.
- Cook for 10 minutes, stirring every 3-4 minutes.
- Serve with fried egg, garlic, fried rice, chopped tomatoes, etc.
How To Cook Tocino Chicken?
- Cut the chicken white meat and marinate it for at least 4-5 hours in the mixture of salt, pepper, garlic powder, white sugar, pineapple juice, and annatto powder.
- Pour 1 cup water into the pan and add chicken tocino.
- Simmer until the water evaporates.
- Add 1 tablespoon of oil.
- Fry chicken tocino for another 2-4 minutes.
- Serve with rice and fried egg.
What Is The Correct Way To Cook Tocino?
The correct way to cook tocino is to simmer it in water first, and then fry it with a little bit of oil for a couple of minutes until it becomes brown and crispy. However, the only correct way to cook tocino is to follow your own preferences.
How Long Do You Cook Tocino?
You need to cook tocino until it becomes caramelized, brown, and crispy at the edges. It will take you 10-15 minutes in a pan, 30-40 minutes in the oven, or 10 minutes in the air fryer.
Do You Need Oil To Cook Tocino?
You can cook tocino even without oil, by simply simmering in the water. You can also cook it in the air fryer without adding any oil. It will still be crispy and caramelized, just the way you like it!
How Much Oil Does A Tocino Take?
If you decide to use oil while cooking tocino, you will need 1-3 tablespoons of oil per 1 lb tocino.
Now you know how to cook tocino! Simmer it in a pan with 3/4 cup of water until the water evaporates. Add 3 tablespoons of cooking oil, and fry tocino in that oil for 3-4 minutes or until tocino becomes crispy and caramelized. Serve with eggs, rice, and chopped tomato.
This Filipino cured meat dish can be a delicious breakfast treat for the whole family. Bon appetite!