How To Make An Omelette, Step By Step
If you are looking to make a quick, easy, and tasty breakfast this post about how to make an omelet (step by step) will definitely help.
There are many ways to do it, but the easy ones are as good as the complicated recipes. Let’s get into it!
How To Make An Omelette
As mentioned above, there are many varieties of omelettes that you can make. In this post, we will go step by step with some tips along the way.
What will you need?
- Whole Eggs. Two will make for a smaller omellete.
- Salt and Pepper
- Fillings. Cheese, veggies, ham – whatever you like.
Step by Step preparation
Now for the actual recipe.
- Break the eggs into a bowl. You may want to keep all the yolks or for example, have two whole eggs and two egg whites.
- With a fork, beat up the eggs until you have a unified liquid. Go left-right, switch sides, from top to bottom, just keep whisking until there are no egg whites separated and everything is nice and of orange color (depending on the number of yolks of course).
- Preheat your pan to medium, add a bit of butter (roughly a teaspoon will do), and pour your egg mixture on it. Take the pan and move it until it is fully covered.
- If you are looking for a softer omelette, keep the heat on medium. If you would like to have more color on it, increase the heat but be sure to check the side carefully with a spatula.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- If you want now is a good time to add fillings. Cheese, ham, herbs, finely diced tomatoes – all work well, depending on preference.
- With your spatula, carefully raise the side of your to be omelette, and if you are happy with the color continue the movement until you fold your omelette in half.
- After roughly 1-2 minutes when you can see that the insides are no runny and the eggs are cooked, flip the omelette on the other side to finish it off.
- You are ready to serve.
Now you know how to make an omelette. Keep in mind that there is a huge variety of omelettes and the way how you can do them.
This is the basic one that will give you a quick and tasty result. You can give a try to more complicated ones later!