How to make boiled potatoes? Boiled potatoes can be a great base for easy meals. It is great as a side dish, but it can also be used for main dishes as well. To make boiled potatoes, just wash as many small potatoes as you want to cook. If you prefer not to eat the peel, just peel potatoes. Add your potatoes to a pot of boiling water. The cooking time is around 12 minutes or until tender. Drain potatoes and sprinkle with kosher salt, black pepper, and olive oil before serving.
How To Make Boiled Potatoes?
To make an easy boiled potatoes recipe:
- Peel or wash baby potatoes (fingerling potatoes, small russet potatoes, or Yukon gold potatoes can also be used if you prefer).
- Bring cold water to a rolling boil in a large pot and add your whole potatoes.
- Keep your water boiling and cook the potatoes until they’re tender.
- Drain potatoes in a large colander.
- Either use your boiled potatoes to make mashed potatoes or cut them into bite-sized pieces and serve with fresh parsley, fresh rosemary, or any other fresh herbs you prefer.
Note, large potatoes may need longer to cook. Cut these potatoes in half before boiling them. Or into quarters to boil them even quicker!
How To Make Boiled Potatoes Taste Good?
This easy recipe is packed with great flavor you’ll love with minimal prep time needed! Just boil all-purpose potatoes or some Yukon golds on high heat until they’re fork-tender but hold their shape. For buttery boiled potatoes, stir gently with a few tablespoons of butter and a pinch or two of salt.
How To Make Boiled Potatoes Crispy?
If you want crispy potatoes without frying them, this is the recipe for you. Once you’re done boiling potatoes, drain them and cut each boiled potato into cubes with a paring knife. Stir gently in a bowl with olive oil, salt, and pepper before spreading evenly on a baking sheet with some fresh herbs. Cook in the oven until your potatoes are golden brown and serve while still warm.
How To Make Boiled Potatoes Tasty?
There are many delicious options to make boiled potatoes.
- Wash or peel either waxy potatoes or starchy potatoes.
- Add potatoes to already boiling water and reduce heat to medium.
- Cover potatoes and let cook until tender.
- Drain your water and add to a bowl where you can mix in the flavorings you want.
You can decide what flavors you want to add to your potatoes to make them suit your taste. Some people like just kosher salt and pepper, others add fresh parsley. There are no wrong ways to make this delicious recipe!
How To Make Boiled Potatoes In Microwave?
To boil potatoes in a microwave:
- Place two potatoes in your microwave with their peels on.
- Place one cup of water (in a microwave-safe cup) in your microwave.
- Turn on and microwave until potatoes are tender.
- Peel potatoes and serve how you prefer.
How To Make Boiled Potatoes In Instant Pot?
- Pour 1 cup water in your steel instant pot insert.
- Place potatoes on trivet and seal pot lid.
- Cook the potatoes on steam mode for 10 minutes.
- Let the instant pot release lid on its own.
- Remove your potatoes as soon as you can to keep them from overcooking.
How To Make Boiled Potatoes Better?
If you want to improve your boiled potato recipes, make sure you boil your potatoes long enough. Cook them until they’re boiled through and tender, and add whatever fresh herbs and spices you like best. Try thyme, paprika, butter, or garlic if you need some recipe inspiration!
How To Make Boiled Potatoes Interesting?
If you’re bored with your regular boiled potato recipes, try adding extra spices and seasonings. Once you’ve boiled your potatoes, add garlic powder, cheese, different salt mixes, or even hot sauce! Potatoes are bland on their own, so you can add whatever flavor you want to spice up your recipe!
How To Make Boiled Potatoes Nice?
Here are a few tips to make your boiled potatoes nice:
- Make sure you completely cook your potatoes, so they’re not too soft or too firm.
- Add plenty of olive oil, salt, pepper, or other spices and seasonings to suit your personal taste.
- Serve while warm and prepare how you prefer. Boiled potatoes make a great potato salad or mashed potatoes base.
How To Make Boiled Potatoes Softer?
To make boiled potatoes softer, you can either:
- cut your potatoes into smaller pieces before boiling
- boil at a higher heat
- cook your potatoes for longer periods of time.
How Long Does It To Boil A Potato?
A small or medium potato will usually take 12-15 minutes to boil. However, the time you need will depend on the size of your potatoes and what heat you’re cooking at.
How Do You Boil Potatoes Properly?
To boil potatoes properly, boil them on high heat for 10-15 minutes or until tender when skewered with a fork.
What Is The Fastest Way To Boil Potatoes?
To speed up your cooking time, presoak your potatoes in hot water while you boil cold water in a separate pot. Also, make sure you’re boiling small potatoes or cutting large potatoes into smaller pieces.
Is It Better To Boil Potatoes Whole Or Cut Up?
There is no wrong answer here! Small potatoes will boil just fine whole. However, large potatoes will take longer to boil through completely if they’re not cut up. It depends on how much time and patience you have!
How to make boiled potatoes? The easiest way to boil potatoes is to boil small potatoes for 12 minutes in a large pot. Drain your water once your potatoes are tender and season with salt, pepper, and olive oil. Serve while warm and eat up!