How to cook hot links? The easiest way to cook hot links is to bring 1 cup of water to a boil, add hot links and simmer over medium heat for 10-12 minutes, turning once. There are many other ways to cook hot links, so keep reading to find out more!
Table of Contents
How To Cook Hot Links?
- Pour 1 cup of water into the pot and bring it to a boil.
- Add hot links.
- Simmer for 10-12 minutes, turning each hot link once.
- If you want them browned, let the water evaporate or drain it, and then continue cooking for 3-4 minutes, turning frequently.
- Serve in fresh hot dog buns with mustard and ketchup.
How To Cook Hot Links In The Oven?
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lay hot links onto the baking tray in a single layer without overlapping.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, turning halfway through the cooking time.
- Serve in hot dog buns or on a plate lined with a paper towel.
How To Cook Hot Links In Air Fryer?
- Preheat the air fryer to 370 degrees F.
- Remove the hot links from their packaging and break them apart.
- Place beef hot links into the air fryer basket without stacking them.
- Cook for 12-15 minutes, flipping halfway through the cooking time.
How To Cook Hot Links On Stove?
- Coat a frying pan with some olive or vegetable oil and heat it over medium-high heat.
- Add the hot links to the now hot frying pan, and shake them lightly to avoid sticking to the pan.
- Continue cooking hot links for 10-15 minutes or until heated, brown, and crispy just the way you like them.
How To Cook Hot Links In A Crock Pot?
- Place hot links, one jar of spaghetti sauce, one sliced green pepper, and one sliced onion into the crockpot.
- Close the lid and set the cooking temperature on low.
- Cook for 6 hours.
How To Cook Hot Links On Grill?
- Preheat your grill to medium-low heat.
- Place spicy sausage links on the grill grate.
- Grill for 8-10 minutes, turning them every few minutes.
How To Cook Hot Links In Microwave?
- Get a microwave-safe dish and place one hot link on it.
- Cover with a paper towel and put into the microwave.
- Microwave for 30-35 seconds on high and remove from the microwave.
- Let it rest for 1 minute before serving.
- It is advised that you microwave one hot link at a time so that they cook evenly.
How To Cook Hot Links In A Skillet?
This recipe for cooking hot links in a skillet is a bit different. Keep reading to see why:
- In a large skillet, pour 2/3 to 1 cup of beer and bring it to a boil.
- Add sausage links and reduce heat to medium.
- Simmer for 10-12 minutes.
- Flip them every few minutes to allow even cooking.
How To Cook Hot Links On A Traeger?
- Preheat your Trager or gas grill to 350 degrees F.
- Place hot links onto the grill grate.
- Grill for 15 to 18 minutes, flipping them every few minutes.
- If you want them more crispy, grill them for 2-3 minutes longer.
How To Cook Hot Links On Charcoal Grill?
- Set up the coals in a two-zone arrangement, one hot zone with coals underneath and one “cold” zone with no coals directly underneath.
- Light up the coals and pile them on one side of the grill.
- Place a pan filled with pale lager beer of your choice on the grill right above the coals.
- Place your hot links into the pan and let them boil in beer for 10-15 minutes.
- This way, the hot links won’t be exposed to direct heat and will cook evenly.
- Use thongs to remove hot links from the pan and place them onto the “cold” zone of the grill, aka zone with no coals underneath, but still hot enough to cook.
- While on this side of the grill, your hot links will sear and get those grill marks while becoming crispy.
- You will need to sear them this way for 1-2 minutes or until nicely browned, then remove them from the grill and serve.
Are Hot Links Already Cooked?
If you wonder are the hot links fully cooked, the answer is that they are already precooked, and you basically only need to heat them. However, don’t try eating precooked links before you cook them fully.
Do You Need To Cook Hot Links?
Yes, you need to cook hot links in order to heat them up. This way, you will also ensure that they are safe to eat, as their internal temperature will reach at least 145 degrees F while being cooked. You should always use a meat thermometer to check if they are fully cooked, as you should avoid eating raw sausage.
How Long Does It Take To Cook Hot Links In The Oven?
The cooking time may vary depending on the cooking temperature and the number of sausage links you are cooking, but in general, at 350 degrees F, you will need 25-35 minutes to cook hot links in the oven, while at 300 degrees F, you will need at least 40-45 minutes of cooking.
How Do You Cook Earl Campbell Hot Links?
- Remove the hot links from the package.
- Place a pan on the heat and add the hot links into the pan.
- Pour enough water to cover the hot links.
- Bring the water to a boil and reduce the heat.
- Let simmer for 15 minutes.
- Drain from the remaining water and serve.
So, now you know how to cook hot links. Simply place them in a pan with boiling water and cook for 10-12 minutes. You can also fry them, grill them, and even cook them in the oven and in the air fryer.
Hot links are a tasty dish that is also very easy to prepare. As you could see in this article, there are many ways to prepare hot links, and each way is really simple. How do you prepare hot links? Write in the comments!