Wondering how long does rice take to cook in a rice cooker? Usually, 15-20 minutes, depending on the type of rice and the type of rice cooker that you have.
For more details, check out my post below!
How Long Does It Take To Cook 2 Cups In A Rice Cooker?
Are you looking to find out how long it takes 2 cups of rice to cook in a rice cooker? Well, most rice cookers or pressure cooker takes approximately 18 minutes to boil 2 cups of rice. It depends on the rice cooker and how much rice, but on average, for popular rice cookers, that’s how long it takes. This is still so much faster than a slow cooker!
(while this video does not show it, rinse your rice a couple of times until the water is clear)
Does A Rice Cooker Cook Rice Faster?
Yes, cooking rice in a rice cooker will speed up cooking times compared to cooking rice on the stovetop. Depending on the rice cooker, your rice can be done in as little as 15 minutes compared to the average 25 minutes for a stovetop. Using a rice cooker is beneficial when cooking a large quantity of rice.
Can You Cook 1/2 Cup Of Rice In A Rice Cooker?
Yes, you can cook 1/2 cup of rice in a rice cooker. You can cook any amount of rice, and you should use a 1:1 ratio for rice to water. So 1/2 cup of rice means 1/2 cup of water.
How Do I Cook 2 Cups Of Rice In A Rice Cooker?
- Uncooked rice
- Rice cooker
- Get your uncooked rice. Rinse the rice.
- Place the uncooked rice into your rice cooker and add cold water. Do a 1:1 ratio. So for one cup of rice, you should use one cup of water.
- Add salt to the water and stir it around just once.
- Cook in your rice pot for the desired amount of time that your rice cooker says.
- Once the rice has finished cooking, you can open the rice cooker and fluff up and mix the cooked rice.
- Optional: Keep the rice cooker on the keep warm function.
How Long Does Rice Take To Cook In A Rice Cooker Aroma?
Rice in an aroma rice cooker will need just ten minutes to cook rice. Here is a recipe for white rice in an aroma cooker.
- Take dry rice and rinse with cold running water and drain it. Add it to the inner pot of the rice cooker and add water. The ratio should be 1:1, so for two cups of rice, you will need two cups of water.
- Close the lid tightly and hit the “rice” button on the cooker.
- When the rice has finished cooking, the rice cooker will automatically turn on the warm function. Use a spoon or fork to fluff up the rice.
How Long Does Brown Rice Take To Cook In A Rice Cooker?
Brown rice is considered healthier than white rice. However, it does take longer to cook. Depending on the type of rice cooker, it can take about 45 minutes to cook brown rice. Here is a simple recipe on how to cook brown rice.
- Rinse and drain 2 cups of uncooked brown rice.
- Add rice and cold water into the rice cooker. The water to rice ratio should be 1:1.5, so for 1 cup of rice, you will do 1.5 cups of water.
- Cook rice on the “RICE” setting for 45 minutes or until rice is fully cooked.
- Once the rice is fully cooked, you can use a spoon or fork to fluff the brown rice.
How Long Does White Rice Take To Cook In A Rice Cooker?
White rice can take about 10-15 minutes to cook, depending on the rice cooker model. White rice is short-grain or medium-grain rice. Here is a short recipe on how to cook white rice in a rice cooker.
- Place uncooked dry rice in the rice cooker pot. Add water. This should be a 1:1 ratio, so for one cup of rice, you will need one cup of water.
- Press the “RICE” button on your rice cooker. It should take about 10-15 minutes, depending on the rice cooker model.
- Once the rice is finished cooking, you can fluff the cooked white rice with a spoon or fork.
How Long Does Sushi Rice Take To Cook In A Rice Cooker?
Typically Japanese short-grain rice is used as sushi rice, and it cooks around the same time as white rice does. It usually will take about 10-15 minutes to cook in most rice cookers. However, you should let the rice soak for about 30 minutes before cooking. A simple recipe is listed below!
- Soak the rice for at least 30 minutes. This will help the rice to be a more sticky consistency.
- Measure plain white rice and place it into the rice cooker or pressure cooker. Add cold water. It should be a 1:1 ratio, so one cup of rice would need one cup of water.
- Add salt to the water. Put it on the “RICE” setting. It should cook for about 10-15 minutes, depending on the type of cooker.
- Once the rice is done, take a fork or spoon and fluff up the rice.
- It should be sticky rice that will work perfectly in sushi rolls.
How Long Does Jasmine Rice Take To Cook In A Rice Cooker?
Jasmine rice will take about 18-20 minutes to cook, and then it’s best t let it rest for an extra 10 minutes. Jasmine rice is long-grain rice, so it takes a little longer to cook. In total, the rice can take approximately 30 minutes to cook thoroughly. Here is a basic jasmine rice recipe for the rice cooker or pressure cooker below!
- Do NOT soak the rice. (It will make it soggy.) Rinse the rice a few times before adding it to the rice or pressure cooker pot. The ratio should be 1:1 – so one cup of rice and one cup of water.
- Add salt to the water if you desire. Put the rice cooker on a pressure coo kor rice cooking setting for 20 minutes.
- Once the rice is done, take a spoon or fork and fluff up the rice.
- Serve this as a side to any main meals.
How Long Does Basmati Rice Take To Cook In A Rice Cooker?
Depending on the brand and type of rice cooker that you’re using, it can take about 10-15 minutes to cook basmati rice. Here is a simple recipe below!
- Optional: soak the rice for 15-30 minutes.
- Rinse off the rice and add it to your pressure cooker or rice cooker pot with water. You should use a 1.5:1 ratio – one cup of rice to one and a half cups of water.
- Add salt if desired.
- Cook on the “RICE” setting for 10-15 minutes.
- Once the rice is done, you should fluff it with a spoon or fork.
How Long Does It Take To Cook Wild Rice In A Rice Cooker?
It takes approximately 40-50 minutes to cook wild rice, depending on the cooker used. It is long-grain rice, so it will take much longer than your typical brown or white rice. There is a simple recipe below on how to cook wild rice in a rice cooker.
- Place the wild rice and water into a rice cooker pot. You should use a 2:1 ratio- one cup of rice and two cups of water or chicken stock.
- Add in salt if desired.
- Cook in the rice cooker for 40-50 minutes. Let the rice sit for 10 minutes before opening the lid.
- Fluff rice with a spoon or fork once it is finished. Then there you have it, delicious rice!
So now you know how to long does rice take to cook in a rice cooker? With basic jasmine or other white rice, it will take around 20 minutes depending on the type of rice cooker that you are using.