How to cook a Butterball turkey? You can cook a fresh or thawed turkey in a similar way.
Frozen turkey will need to be kept out for a few hours to thaw, which will add to its prep time. Once ready to cook, preheat the oven to 325 f and pat the turkey dry with some paper towels. Place turkey on your roasting pan and coat in a light layer of vegetable or cooking oil. Insert a meat thermometer into your turkey and place the turkey in your oven. Once your turkey has an internal temperature of 180 degrees in the thigh, you can remove it and let it stand for a few minutes before carving.
Table of Contents
How To Cook A Butterball Turkey?
The fastest way to cook a whole turkey is in the oven:
- Remove turkey from the freezer, drain juices, and pat dry with clean paper towels.
- Place thawed turkey breast side up on a flat roasting rack.
- Have your oven temperature set to 325F.
- Cook turkey with olive oil and whatever herbs you prefer.
- Cover your turkey with aluminum foil when it is almost done cooking.
- When your oven-safe meat thermometer shows a temperature of 180 degrees, you have a fully cooked turkey.
- Your turkey breast skin will be lightly brown and crispy.
If your turkey came with a gravy packet, remove the gravy packet from the packaging and prepare according to its instructions to keep your turkey from drying out.
How To Cook A Butterball Turkey Breast?
You can make roasted turkey breast as a boneless roast in the oven. Simply place turkey breast on a flat rack and cook at 350 until your fresh turkey breast has an internal temperature of 180. Let turkey breast stand for a few minutes before you slice, roast, and serve.
If you have leftovers, to maintain the roasted turkey taste, wrap the roast and keep it in the fridge for a few days.
How To Cook A Butterball Turkey Roast?
You can cook a butterball turkey roast in a turkey roasting pan for 13 minutes per pound at 350 degrees f.
How To Cook A Butterball Turkey In A Crock Pot?
Set your crockpot to low heat and place your turkey in with a little olive oil and your desired herbs. Allow 6 hours to cook before you start to check to ensure your turkey’s internal temperature is at least 180 degrees.
How To Cook A Butterball Turkey Breast Roast?
You can cook fresh or frozen turkey breast roast in the oven. Simply place turkey breast side up and let cook for 20 minutes per pound at 350 degrees.
How To Cook A Butterball Turkey Roll?
- Preheat oven to 325 f.
- Remove outer plastic netting and place the frozen roll in a roasting pan and lightly oil.
- Cook with inside netting still on for 4 hours.
- Let rest for 15 minutes and serve how you prefer.
How To Cook A Butterball Turkey In An Electric Roaster?
- Preheat your roaster to 325.
- Place your turkey on the roasting rack and cook for 4-6 hours, depending on the size of your turkey.
- Roast until your turkey has an internal temperature of 180 degrees. Baste occasionally to keep your turkey roast from drying out.
How To Cook A Butterball Turkey From Frozen?
You can cook a frozen butterball turkey the same way you would cook a fresh turkey. However, you have to allow enough time for your turkey to thaw before you cook it in the oven at 350.
How To Cook A Butterball Turkey In A Bag?
To cook your turkey in a bag:
- Preheat your oven to 350 f.
- Season your turkey and remove any parts you don’t want to cook.
- Rub your turkey with oil or butter to keep it from drying out.
- Prepare an oven cooking bag by dusting it with flour.
- Add any vegetables you want to your bag to add flavor.
- Tie bag closed and cut little slits to allow heat to escape.
- Place in a roasting pan and cook until internal temperatures are between 165 and 180 degrees all over.
- Remove your turkey and cut away your oven cooking bag.
- Let your turkey sit for 10 minutes before carving and serving.
How To Cook A Butterball Turkey Breast In An Air Fryer?
To air fry your Butterball turkey breast:
- Set your air fryer temperature to 400 degrees.
- Place your turkey breast in your air fryer basket line it with parchment paper to reduce the mess you’ll have to clean up.
- Cook for 7-10 minutes per pound which should be around 45-60 total minutes.
- Once your roast has an internal temperature of at least 165 degrees f, you can remove it from the air fryer to let it stand.
- Carve and serve with your favorite side dishes for a quick and delicious meal.
How Long Do You Cook A Butterball Turkey Per Pound?
Regular butterball turkeys need 13 minutes per pound to cook, while stuffed turkey needs 15 minutes per pound. Butterball turkey breast may need as long as 20 minutes per pound to cook fully.
Do You Cover A Butterball Turkey When Cooking?
You should cover your butterball turkey with aluminum foil when it is about 2/3 done cooking if you are afraid you might overcook it. However, it’s not necessary.
How Do You Cook A Butterball Turkey?
You can roast fresh butterball turkey in the oven. Simply place in a shallow roasting pan and cook in an oven set between 325 and 350 degrees until a meat thermometer reads 180 degrees f.
Should I Cook My Turkey At 325 Or 350?
Depending on your cooking schedule, you can cook the turkey at both 325 and 350 and any temperature in between. High temperatures will require you to baste your turkey more.
How to cook a Butterball turkey? The easiest way to cook a butterball turkey is to place it in a roasting pan turkey breast side up and cook it at 325 f until your turkey’s internal temperature is 180 degrees.