How to cook corn dogs in air fryer? Spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray or olive oil. Place the corn dog into the basket. Air fry for 8-10 minutes at 360 degrees F.
Air fryer corn dogs are a great way to make this tasty treat.
Made of a hot dog coated in a corn batter, corn dogs are a favorite snack at a county fair.
With air frying, they become golden and crispy.
Store-bought corn dogs are sold frozen, and you should cook them without defrosting.
However, you can also make your own corn dogs from scratch!
This article will teach you how to fry corn dogs in the air fryer and how to quickly make homemade corn dogs!
How To Cook Corn Dogs In Air Fryer?
- Preheat the air fryer to 360 degrees F.
- Spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray or olive oil.
- Place the frozen corn dogs into the basket.
- Air fry for 8-10 minutes, flipping once halfway through the cooking time.
- Remove the cooked corn dogs from the basket and serve them on a plate lined with paper towels.
- Air-fried corn dogs go well with honey mustard, dijon mustard, and mayonnaise, but you can also serve them with your favorite dipping sauce.
How To Make Corn Dogs In Air Fryer From Scratch?
You can make corn dogs from scratch. You just need some hot dogs, cornmeal, eggs, milk, spices, and several other ingredients.
- Put parchment paper in the airfryer.
- Prepare 8 wooden sticks/skewers.
- In a small bowl, combine 1 cup of all-purpose flour, 1 cup of yellow cornmeal, 2 tbsp sugar, 1/2 tsp baking powder, and 1/2 tsp salt.
- Add 1 egg, 3/4 cup milk, and 6 tablespoons of melted butter.
- Stir everything well together and let the batter rest for 5 minutes.
- Remove 8 hot dogs from their package and pat dry them with a paper towel.
- Insert the wooden skewers into the hot dogs. Each stick should be halfway inside the hot dog.
- Dip each hot dog into the batter while holding it by the skewer.
- Make sure that each hot dog is fully coated.
- Place the hot dogs in the air fryer’s basket.
- Set the air fryer temperature to 370 degrees F.
- Cook the corn dogs for 10-12 minutes until browned enough.
How To Cook Frozen Corn Dogs In Air Fryer?
With an air fryer, frozen corn dogs can be cooked in no time. For regular-sized corn dogs, you will need to cook them for 8 minutes at 370 degrees F, and for frozen mini corn dogs, you will need to cook them for 6 minutes at 370 degrees F.
How To Cook Mini Corn Dogs In Air Fryer?
Mini-sized corn dogs can be cooked in the air fryer just like the regular corn dogs. The only difference is that you will need to air fry them 1-2 minutes shorter at the same temperature.
For example, if you air fry corn dogs of the normal size for 8-10 minutes at a certain temperature, you should air fry mini corn dogs for 6-8 minutes at the same temperature.
Tips for making a great corn dog
Here are a couple of tips to get a perfect, festival-fair-level hotdog from your ai fryer.
Do not overcrowd the air fryer with too many corn dogs. The heat is distributed amongst all of them, so separate them into batches if needed.
Leave enough space between each corn dog so the hot air can circulate and crisp up the coating evenly.
To make sure that you get the crust on all sides, flip the corn dogs over halfway through cooking.
Serve your corn dogs with your favorite sauce for dipping. Ketchup, mustard, or ketchup with mayo are all great options!
Mini corn dogs are a great option. They cook faster and provide a more crunchy surface read my guide on how to cook mini corn dogs in air fryer.
How To Cook Corn Dogs In Nuwave Air Fryer?
- Preheat your Nuwave air fryer to 390 degrees F.
- Spray the basket with cooking oil.
- Place the corn dogs into the basket.
- Air fry for 6-8 minutes.
How To Cook Corn Dog Nuggets In Air Fryer?
Corn dog nuggets, also known as corn dog bites, are just mini corn dogs. To cook them in the air fryer, follow these steps:
- Preheat your air fryer to 360 degrees F.
- Spray the inside of the air fryer basket with cooking spray.
- Place the corn dog nuggets in the basket.
- Air fry for 4 minutes, then shake the basket and air fry for another 4 minutes.
- Serve on a plate lined with paper towels.
How Long Do You Cook Corn Dogs In An Air Fryer?
The cooking time for corn dogs in the air fryer depends mostly on their size but also on the cooking temperature.
Regular-sized corn dogs take more time to fully cook than mini corn dogs, corn dog nuggets, or corn dog bites.
Corn dogs are usually air-fried at 360-390 degrees F. For regular corn dogs, 8-10 minutes will be enough to fully cook them at this temperature, and if you are cooking mini corn dogs, 6-8 minutes of cooking time is recommended.
Also, you can cook corn dogs for 1 minute longer if you want them extra crispy.
What Temperature And How Long Do You Cook Frozen Corn Dogs In An Air Fryer?
You can also cook frozen corn dogs at 400-420 degrees F in the air fryer when you want to cook them faster.
You will need to air fry them for 7-8 minutes for regular-sized corn dogs and 5 minutes for mini corn dogs.
Be aware not to raise the cooking temperature any further because you don’t want burned corn batter!
So, now you know how to cook corn dogs in air fryer. Preheat the air fryer to 360 degrees and spray the air fryer basket with a cooking spray. Place the corn dogs into the basket, and air fry them for 8-10 minutes. Shake the basket or flip the corn dogs halfway through the cooking time!
Line a plate with paper towels, and serve the cooked corn dogs on it. Eat your air-fried corn dogs with mustard, ketchup, mayonnaise, or any other sauce! If you love snack cuisine, you will enjoy eating these corn dogs!