How to cook frozen asparagus? Lay frozen asparagus spears on the baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Season with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil. Bake asparagus in the oven at 450 degrees f for 15 minutes. Once cooked, squeeze fresh lemon juice over roasted asparagus.
How To Cook Frozen Asparagus?
This recipe for oven-roasted asparagus is probably the easiest way to cook frozen asparagus. Simply follow these steps:
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread frozen asparagus all over the baking sheet.
- Season with salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, garlic powder, and drizzle with olive oil.
- Roast asparagus in the oven for 15 minutes until it becomes slightly browned.
- Serve garnished with grated parmesan cheese or drizzled with fresh lemon juice.
You can also add some other frozen vegetables when cooking frozen asparagus, such as carrots, broccoli, and cauliflower. Asparagus pairs well with other roasted veggies.
This is an easy way ho to cook asparagus even if it is frozen, just add a couple of minutes until it defrosts in the heated pan and then follow this approach:
How To Cook Frozen Asparagus In Air Fryer?
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F.
- Place asparagus in the air fryer basket.
- Spray the asparagus with olive oil and season with kosher salt and black pepper.
- Cook asparagus for 5 minutes in the air fryer.
How To Cook Frozen Asparagus On Stove?
- Melt two tablespoons of butter in a large skillet and add frozen asparagus.
- Season the asparagus with salt and pepper while it cooks with salt.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes, occasionally stirring.
How To Cook Frozen Asparagus In Microwave?
- Wrap frozen asparagus spears in a damp paper towel and place them on the microwave-safe dish.
- Cook for 4 minutes on high, and carefully remove from the microwave.
- Unwrap from the paper towel and season with salt and pepper, and serve.
How To Cook Frozen Asparagus In Pan?
- Preheat the pan with two tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat.
- Place frozen asparagus spears in the pan and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook for 15 minutes, occasionally stirring.
- Serve with soy sauce and grated parmesan cheese.
How To Cook Frozen Asparagus In A Skillet?
- Preheat a large skillet with one tablespoon of butter and one tablespoon of olive oil.
- Once the oil is hot, add two cloves of minced garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Lay asparagus in the skillet in one layer and season with salt and pepper.
- Stir the asparagus frequently and cook for 10 minutes.
How To Cook Frozen Asparagus In Toaster Oven?
- Preheat your toaster oven to 425 degrees F.
- Cut off the ends from the asparagus.
- Place asparagus spears on the baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast frozen asparagus spears for 7-11 minutes, depending on their thickness and the desired level of doneness.
- Remove from the toaster oven, drizzle with balsamic vinegar and sprinkle with chopped walnuts.
How To Cook Frozen Asparagus Pieces?
- Cut frozen asparagus into short pieces.
- Preheat the skillet with two tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat.
- Add frozen asparagus to the skillet and season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Cook for 7 minutes, frequently stirring.
- Serve with grated parmesan.
How To Cook Frozen Asparagus On Grill?
- Preheat your grill to medium-high/400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mix frozen asparagus with olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Once the grill is heated, lay asparagus in a single layer on the grill grates.
- Cook them for 5 minutes on one side, and then flip each asparagus stem and continue cooking for 2-3 minutes.
How To Cook Frozen Asparagus Oven?
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- While the oven preheats, oil the oven-safe pan and place it in the oven for at least 2 minutes, or until the oil heats.
- Add the frozen asparagus spears to the hot pan, toss them in oil and return to the oven.
- Roast frozen asparagus spears for 12 minutes.
- Stir and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Remove roasted asparagus from the oven and sprinkle with sea salt before eating.
Should I Thaw Asparagus Before Cooking?
You shouldn’t thaw asparagus before cooking, as it will lose its crispiness if you thaw it and then cook. Just like any other frozen veggies, asparagus is flash-frozen to preserve the freshness, and you can safely cook it while still frozen.
How Do You Prepare Asparagus After Freezing?
You can prepare frozen asparagus just like you would prepare fresh asparagus. You can cook it in the oven, air fryer, grill, microwave, skillet. The options are endless.
Is Frozen Asparagus Any Good?
Frozen asparagus will be just as good as a fresh one, but you need to blanch it before freezing. Don’t forget to cook it while still frozen, because it will lose its crispiness if you defrost it before cooking. However, you shouldn’t freeze leftover roasted asparagus. You can put it in an air-tight container and store it in the refrigerator for 1-2 days.
Can You Eat Asparagus After A Freeze?
If you live in an area with freezing temperatures, you should know that it’s safe to harvest and eat asparagus even after freezing temperatures. If you notice some frost damage to asparagus spears, simply cut them off and eat the rest of the plant.
So, now you know how to cook frozen asparagus. Simply preheat the oven to 450 degrees F, place frozen asparagus spears on the baking dish lined with parchment paper, season with salt and pepper, drizzle with oil, and roast for 15 minutes. Serve with grated parmesan cheese, fresh lemon juice, or even chopped raw walnuts.
Asparagus is low in calories and rich in vitamins and fibers. That’s why you should eat it more often, and we showed you how easy it is to prepare this awesome vegetable!