How To Cook Buitoni Tortellini?
Buitoni tortellini is a popular frozen pasta that comes in several delicious tastes and can be cooked without defrosting. But, how to cook Buitoni tortellini? Cooking instructions are simple: open the package and add frozen tortellini to 4 quarts of boiling water and 1 tablespoon olive oil (you can use sunflower oil too).
Cook for 10-11 minutes, or until tortellini starts to float on the surface of boiling water. Stir frequently, and when the tortellini are cooked, take them out of the water and serve them with Buitoni sauce. Keep reading for more details!
How To Cook Buitoni Tortellini?
The easiest way to cook Buitoni tortellini is is to cook it in boiling water in a saucepan.
- For each pound of frozen tortellini, you will need to boil 4 quarts of water and 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Take frozen tortellini pasta out of its package
- Add pasta and boil gently for 10-11 minutes or until done
- Drain the remaining pasta water, and serve with Buitoni sauce
If you decide to thaw your tortellini before cooking, the whole cooking process will be much faster, and it will take 5-7 minutes.
Want to experiment with Buitoni tortellini? Try baking it in the oven!
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
- Toss refrigerated tortellini in a baking dish and then in the oven
- Make sure that there is plenty of sauce because you will need that extra sauce to boil tortellini in it. The general rule is to have 1 part of tortellini and 2 parts of the sauce
- Spray aluminum foil with cooking spray and cover the dish
- Cook for 30 minutes, remove the foil and then cook for another 10 minutes
How To Cook Buitoni Tortellini In Microwave?
You can also cook your favorite Buitoni tortellini in a microwave. The microwave method is the fastest way to cook Buitoni tortellini.
- First, you need to pour frozen cheese tortellini into a big enough microwave-safe dish
- Cover the dish with plastic wrap, but keep one corner open for venting
- Microwave on high for 4 minutes
How Long To Cook Buitoni Tortellini?
Cooking times for cooking Buitoni tortellini depend on the recipe and whether you are cooking frozen tortellini, fresh tortellini, or dried tortellini.
- Cooking frozen tortellini in a saucepan takes 10-11 minutes
- The same time is required for dried tortellini
- Fresh tortellini take 5-7 minutes to cook
- If you try baking tortellini in the oven, it will take you 40 minutes until done
- Cooking tortellini in the microwave is the fastest, with only 4 minutes of cooking time
If you are in a hurry, then you should cook Buitoni Tortellini in a microwave. If you don’t mind waiting, cook in a saucepan. And finally, if you have enough spare time and want to prepare an exquisite meal, try baking tortellini in the oven.
How To Cook Buitoni Three Cheese Tortellini?
Buitoni three cheese tortellini are delicious pasta rings filled with three kinds of cheese: romano cheese, aged parmesan, and fresh creamy ricotta cheese. Cooking Buitoni three cheese tortellini is simple, just follow these steps:
- Open the package and add cheese tortellini to 5 quarts boiling water and 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Reduce heat and boil gently until tortellini start to float on the surface of the water (around 7 minutes)
- Drain water and serve in a dish with Buitoni sauce
If you want to add more cheese to this meal, you can add some mozzarella on top after it’s done, or you can add more parmesan cheese.
How To Cook Buitoni Herb Chicken Tortellini?
Buitoni herb chicken tortellini is full of delicious chicken filling, enriched with the natural flavor of several herbs. The chicken in Buitoni herb chicken tortellini is always pre-cooked, so you can cook this tortellini just like you would cook the other Buitoni tortellini delicious meals.
- Get it out of its package and put it in 5 quarts of boiling water and 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Boil for approximately 7 minutes
- Drain water and serve with Buitoni sauce
How Do I Cook Packaged Tortellini?
Packaged tortellini need to be taken out of their packages before they get cooked. Then, simply boil them in 4 quarts of water and 1 tablespoon olive oil. After 7 minutes, they will be done and ready to serve, but you need to drain excess pasta water first.
Is Buitoni Tortellini Pre Cooked?
The filling in Buitoni tortellini is always pre-cooked, but still, when you want to eat tortellini that is still frozen, cook using instructions from this text. Only when you cook them following those instructions, Buitoni tortellini will be considered cooked and safe to eat.
Do You Have To Boil Tortellini?
Tortellini must be boiled, although the Buitoni tortellini is made of high-quality ingredients (such as ground durum wheat flour, fresh creamy ricotta, romano cheese, skim cow’s milk, organic parmesan cheese paste, etc.), there is still a slim chance of cross-contamination that can be dangerous when tortellini are eaten without cooking. So, make sure to always boil tortellini, at least until their internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F.
So, now you know how to cook Buitoni tortellini. It is really simple and fast: just open a package of tortellini, and add it to 4-5 quarts of boiling water and 1 tablespoon olive oil. You can also cook it in a microwave if you want to save some time.
Which tortellini is your favorite? Is it herb chicken tortellini, or do you prefer cheese tortellini – pasta rings filled with three kinds of cheese? Each taste is great, and now that you know how to cook them, they will be extremely easy to make! If you want to try some fun recipes, you can bake tortellini in the oven, or add some other ingredients, such as tomatoes, garlic, peppers, and everything you like!