How to cook lamb sausage? Lamb sausages are delicious, easy to make, and they can be cooked in many different ways. Simply place your sausages in a heated skillet and cook them for 5 minutes on each side to cook them evenly and get crispy brown skin.
Want to know more about how to cook and serve lamb sausages? Keep on reading!
How do you cook lamb sausage links?
Sausages links can be cooked on the stove for a delicious breakfast or a quick and tasty main course. Here’s how you make these pan-fried sausages:
1. Add sausages gently to a medium-high heat large skillet, lightly coated with cooking spray.
2. Cook the lamb meat for 5 minutes on each side, or until browned. Turn the links often to prevent the skin from bursting and to cook each sausage evenly.
3. Remove the sausages from the pan when they reach an internal temperature of 160°F.
If you have a thicker sausage, you can also go with the boil and burn method:
How do you know when lamb sausages are cooked?
Before we start talking about how to cook delicious and mouthwatering sausages, let’s talk about knowing when your sausages are cooked and safe to eat is pretty simple.
Cook your sausages as you prefer, in the oven, on the grill, or in the air fryer, frequently turning, until the sausages are well browned but still slightly pink in center. When the meat thermometer registers 160° F your sausages are fully cooked and ready to eat!
What is the best way to cook sausages?
Cooking sausages on a busy night is the best choice if you need a quick and delicious meal!
You can cook sausage by frying them in a tablespoon of olive oil in a frying pan for 12 minutes, turning until well browned.
Lamb meat sausages can also be baked in a preheated oven at 450°F, by only placing them on a baking sheet and roasting for 15 minutes.
What temperature do you cook lamb sausage?
Whether you’re cooking sausages in the oven or a frying pan, you should always check their internal temperature to be sure your juicy sausages are safe to eat.
Next time you’re making lamb sausages, you should wait until the meat reaches 160° before taking the first bite!
Is lamb sausage pink when cooked?
When you cook sausages on the stove or in the oven, they should get a golden brown exterior but still be slightly pink in the center.
Don’t rely on color alone, but always check the internal temperature of your sausages before you eat them: the meat should reach 160° F for it to be safe being eaten.
How do you cook lamb sausages in the oven?
Are you looking for a delicious meal on your table and no mess in the kitchen? We’ve got it! We’re going to cook sausages in the oven! Here’s how you do it:
1. Preheat your oven at 350° F
2. Place your uncooked sausages on a sheet of parchment paper over a baking sheet and roast for 15 minutes. While you cook the sausages, turning them every once in a while will allow them to cook evenly.
3. Remove your sausages from the oven and serve with mashed potatoes.
How to cook lamb sausages on the grill?
Grilled sausages can’t be missed at garden parties: everyone loves them, and they never seem to be enough! Here are my tips for making the best lamb sausages:
1. You can boil the sausages before grilling them to keep the meat moist while removing some of the fat. Don’t pierce your sausages, or you will lose all the flavor!
2. Cook your sausages on medium heat. Grilling them on high heat will make their skin burst.
3. Turning sausages halfway will make them cook evenly and brown nicely.
4. Once they’re well cooked, remove your sausages from the grill and enjoy!
How to cook lamb sausages in an air fryer?
If you choose to cook sausages in the air fryer will make them crispy and delicious without using much olive oil or making a mess in the kitchen.
To air-fry sausages, simply spray some cooking oil on the base of the air fryer to prevent the meat from sticking to the base. Then preheat the air fryer to 350° F, add sausage to the air fryer and cook for 10-12 minutes. Serve your crispy and browned sausages with peas or zucchini!
Should you boil sausages before frying them?
If you’re planning on making sausages, keep in mind that you don’t need to boil sausage to fry it.
Poaching sausages is recommended if you want to cook them on the grill or barbecue because it can be really helpful if you want to reduce and eliminate some of their fat and to keep the lamb’s meat moist when you grill it.
How do you boil lamb sausages?
Boiling sausages can be useful if you want to keep the meat moist and juicy while eliminating some of the fat. This step is much more important when you grill the sausages, or you cook them on the barbecue because it will help your sausages get crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside. Here’s how you do it:
1. Place some cold water in a pan and bring it to a boil
2. Add the sausages to the water and make sure they are completely covered by the water. Reduce to a gentle simmer, then cover the pan and simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Remove the sausages from the pan and dry them with some paper towels
Your sausages are now ready to be finished on the barbecue or the grill!
Now you know how to cook lamb sausage! Cooking lamb sausage is easy, and there are many methods you can choose: you can bake it in the oven, grill it or fry it. Any way you prepare these delicious sausages, be sure to check their internal temperature with a meat thermometer: it should read 160°F!