Are you wondering how to cook turkey necks? The simplest and quickest way would be to put them into a skillet and let them cook for about two hours in the oven at 325 degrees F.
However, there are a bunch of other ways to cook them too. For more tips and tricks, just keep reading!
When cooking, always remember that each part and ingredient have their rightful place, and the same is true for turkey necks! Oftentimes, turkey necks are put aside and forgotten about. But no more!
Did you know turkey necks are one of the most delicious parts of the turkey? They also taste a lot like chicken but have a lot more meat.
If you’re interested in trying them out but have little experience in the kitchen, just keep reading. We’re going to give you a whole list of different recipes for how to prepare delicious turkey necks.
In no time, you’re going to be cooking turkey necks and delicious vegetables like a professional!
What Do I Do With The Turkey Neck?
There are a bunch of different recipes for turkey necks to try out.
Some people like to cook tender turkey necks with some delicious mashed potatoes and greens on the side. Others like to add a little rice and gravy, and then some love a nice broth.
Luckily, this article will show you all the best turkey neck recipes out there!
How To Cook Turkey Necks In The Oven?
The simple answer is – just like chicken necks or any other type of meat! But don’t worry, we’ll give you a few more details just in case.
- Before putting your turkey necks in the oven, you’ll need to brown them on a hot oven-safe skillet. After the necks turn a golden brown, keep them in the same skillet and add some vegetables.
- You can add bell papers, greens, carrots, onions, or potatoes. Whatever you like, really, just don’t forget to season them first!
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F and put the skillet inside once the oven is heated.
- Braise the meat and vegetables for about two hours.
How Do I Clean My Turkey Neck?
Well, first things first! Before you cook a perfect turkey neck, you’ll have to clean it first.
Before you start, make sure to take the frozen or fresh turkey necks out of the plastic wrapping.
Wash both the inside and outside of the turkey in cold water. Once you’ve done this, make sure there aren’t any giblets and drain the excess water.
If you’re done, it’s time to move on to some great recipes!
How To Cook Turkey Necks and Rice In A Crock Pot?
First things first!
You need to know that the turkey necks are going to cook longer than the rice in the crockpot. So worry about adding the rice at the very end.
Before you start cooking, make sure you wash the turkey necks carefully as best you can. After you’ve done this, season with a bit of dry thyme, kosher salt, and black pepper.
Put the seasoned necks in the crockpot and add water so that it covers the turkey necks halfway. Add garlic and some onions. Close the pot and let it simmer for at least four hours on high heat.
After about three and a half hours, add the rice into the pot and season with a bit more salt.
Once the cooking time is done, you’ll have some tender turkey necks and delicious rice as your Sunday dinner.
Once you take them out of the oven, the meat should fall right off the bone, and you should have a perfect Sunday dinner!
How To Cook Turkey Necks On a Stove Top?
Where do we begin? There isn’t just one perfect turkey neck recipe for a stovetop. There is a whole bunch of them!
You can make turkey necks in a crockpot, regular pot, pan, or oven-safe skillet. The possibilities are endless!
You could make something like a chicken broth, simmer or boil them, or even grill them!
Add garlic or add potatoes. Season with dried thyme or kosher salt. It all works!
There isn’t one great recipe for turkey necks, there is a whole book, and we’re going to show you some of the very best!
How To Cook Turkey Neck On The Stove?
The truth is there are a lot of great recipes to cook turkey necks on the stove. We’re going to show you one delicious recipe!
Here are the cooking instructions:
- Season your turkey neck. You can season the meat with pretty much anything you’d like. We recommend using some garlic powder, dried thyme, black pepper, and bay leaf.
- Put the seasoned turkey into a regular oiled pot or a large pan and let it cook at medium heat until it becomes brown.
- Once the turkey is that perfect golden brown, take it off the stove.
- Chop and season a few bell peppers, onions, and potatoes.
- Let them simmer on the stove at medium heat. The cooking time for bell peppers and onions is a few minutes, but potatoes may take a bit longer, around half an hour.
- Once the vegetables soften, add a gravy mix and put the turkey necks back in the pot so that all the flavors get a chance to mix.
- After a few minutes of simmering, you’re all done with some perfect soul food right in front of you!
How To Cook Turkey Necks On The Grill?
Grilling a turkey neck to perfection is going to take some time, but the recipe is really quite simple. Just make sure to follow these steps carefully, and you’ll end up with one delicious dish!
- Add a teaspoon of barbeque seasoning to each turkey neck.
- Smoke the turkey necks on a barbeque pit at low indirect heat for about two hours.
- After two hours, take the neck off the grill and wrap them in aluminum foil and add two tablespoons of apple juice.
- Put them back on the grill and after an hour, remove the aluminum foil.
- Once you remove the foil, brush the necks with barbeque sauce and let them cook until the meat just falls off the bone.
While the meat is on the grill, you can always make a bowl of mashed potatoes or rice to go along with the turkey necks.
After all, is grilled and done, make sure you enjoy your meal! You deserve it!
How Long Does It Take To Boil Smoked Turkey Necks?
If you’re looking for a quick meal, boiled, smoked turkey necks may not be the best fit. However, if you’re looking for a delicious meal, then you’ve come to the right place. This turkey neck recipe is perfect for you!
To boil smoked turkey necks, you’re going to need some prep time to clean and season the meat. After that, just follow these steps:
- Pour three to four cups of water into a regular pot.
- Add the smoked turkey necks to the water and cook at medium heat.
- Cover the pot with a lid and let it simmer to a boil.
- Let the turkey necks boil for one hour.
To make your meal even more perfect, feel free to add some vegetables. Celery and mashed potatoes worked great with boiled turkey necks!
How To Cook Turkey Necks In A Slow Cooker?
Out of all the turkey neck recipes in the world, this would be the easiest one. To cook turkey necks in a slow cooker, follow this turkey necks recipe.
- Season the turkey necks. We recommend kosher salt, garlic and onion powder, black pepper, and bay leaf for this recipe.
- Place the seasoned necks in the slow cooker and add water. There should be just enough water to cover the turkey necks halfway.
- Seal the lid and turn the slow cooker on.
- Cook the necks for about four hours on high heat or eight hours on low heat. Don’t forget to check on it from time to time!
- Add potatoes or a little celery as a side dish. Rice and onions also work great!
How To Cook Turkey Necks For Greens?
The mantra for this dish is low and slow. If you want the perfect dish of cooked turkey and greens, you have to be patient.
- First of all, make sure you clean and rinse your greens before putting them in the pot. No dirt should be spared!
- Put it into the pot and add salt, black pepper, and crushed red pepper.
- After about ten minutes, add the smoked meat and thyme to the mix.
- Add some water and additionally season.
- Let it cook for about half an hour, but keep tasting, so you season the broth to your liking!
- After its seasoned to perfection, add some more colored greens, put the lid on, and let it simmer for another hour.
- Once the meat is falling off the bone, you’ll know your soul food is ready!
How To Cook Turkey Necks and Rice?
Here, you have a couple of options.
First, you could cook the two separately. This gives you more options since you can grill, boil, or cook the turkey necks and just add the rice later.
However, you could also cook them together, which means adding the rice at some point while the turkey necks are simmering. But be careful, if you choose this route, set a cooking timer, so you don’t end up adding the rice in too late!
Is Eating Turkey Neck Healthy?
It may be healthier than you think.
Turkey necks are commonly underused, even though they’re extremely good for us. For one, they contain an abundance of nutrition calories and can be a great source of energy.
They are also highly beneficial if you are on a diet for weight loss since they don’t contain as many carbohydrates as other types of meat. In this way, they’re similar to chicken!
Overall, if your looking for a delicious meal, look no further than turkey necks!
If you were unsure about how to cook turkey necks before this article, it seems that now you’ve learned almost everything about cooking turkey necks!
We’ve given you all our best recipes when it comes to turkey necks. And now you’re all ready to put on your MasterChef hat and cook, boil, or grill following some of the best turkey neck recipes out there!
Be sure to take your time and don’t forget to have fun while cooking!